Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Button Box!

I would take that Hohner piano accordion in a heartbeat, but my spouse says I'd have to give up one of my other accordions.
    Kala KA-TEME3
    Snail Ebony concert

Quote Originally Posted by Barbablanca View Post
    I was given a cheap Anglo by a friend after she upgraded to an English. She warned me it had a couple of sticky keys, but said it probably wouldn't cost much to fix. So, I took it home and found it works well..... except it is in "C" and the only buttons that don't work are the "C" buttons.

Sadly, I don't know anyone who fixes them here in Catalonia - I guess I'll just have to take it Marcus Music in South Wales next time I'm over in the UK.
    Tis true cheap Anglos are notorious that way. Try getting in contact with Mark Savoy, in Lafayette LA. He makes cajun accordians. in the 60's he started the Italians making brown reeds. He may be able to refer you to someone in Italy who can help you.
    "Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

Quote Originally Posted by WKerrigan View Post
    I'd love to learn concertina. Is the consensus that Anglo is easier? What do you need to pay for a decent one that won't have the sticky key problem?
    It is not so much a matter of easier as it is do you prefer diatonic or chromatic style instruments. Can't help with prices. I quickly went to Cajun Accordian (diatonic) and fell in love.
    "Inspire me muse to sing of the wanderer, who sailed the wine dark sea and toppled the towers of Ilium"
    "Make a Joyous Noise"
    "Let there be song to fill the air"

Uncle Tommy's Holiday Camp

I play Anglo also. Had a few older ones. I've settled now on a couple of tedrows. As matter of fact I've decided to sell one. http://www.concertina.net/forums/ind...howtopic=18558
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chainyanker; 02-26-2016 at 02:24 PM.

I play the anglo concertina, still a beginner though.
    My main squeeze is a Marcus Music C/G.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/socalse...sort=dd&view=0

I also own but have not been able to learn a32/48 PA, a circa 1930 Hohner G/C Master Supertone 16 bass, and a very interesting cheap anglo concertina tuned to a DBA style D/C#.
    My wife owns an Enlish Lachenel TT.

Castagnari single row four voice...C ...gorgeous...photo tomorrow

I haven't been playing my melodeons much lately but they're there; I played for our local women's morris team for about 20 years.

There's also a cheap Chinese Anglo concertina I haven't touched in ages. A couple weeks after buying it and starting to learn someone put into my hands a concertina made in Colin Dipper's workshop and I was amazed at how much better I could play on it, even as a rank beginner. It wanted to be played, unlike mine which fought back constantly. After a few minutes I had to give it back. I felt like the guy who gets a glimpse of fairyland and then has to spend the rest of his life in the real world. Never was able to afford a good concertina.
    Rich Holmes
    Syracuse, NY
    Caramel acacia sopranino / Kala lacewood soprano / Makala Dolphin (metallic blue) soprano / Grizzly soprano /
    Epiphone Les Paul concert / Islander mahogany tenor / Lanikai mahogany baritone
    Twitter | Google+ | Blog/web site | Salt City Ukulele | SyraUke

Thread Information