B stock Eleuke??

Icelander53

Reaction score
In searching for a solid body electric I ran across a Eleuke concert solid body at a good price because it was B stock. It was at Mims.

Can anyone tell me what a B stock would be? Would that be cosmetic flaws only? Details were non existent on the site. And I'm not familiar with Mims but have seen the name around here. Is this a solid place to purchase?

And finally I've heard some sketchy things about the quality of Eleuke ukes. Was that a one time issue or is this an ongoing problem with this company?

I think you can trust Mims for a straight answer. Many players have bought "B" stock ukes with flaws that are so minor, you either have a difficult time finding it unless you know where to look, or it doesn't look any worse than one that's been gently played for a month or two. They were having problems with the pickups from what I understand.

The ONLY way I would ever buy Eleuke would be from someone like MIM. Have her check it out herself totally and get her opinion on it before buying. If she gives it her ok then you are good to go. Don't buy from an unknown dealer or you are likely to get a piece of junk. Speaking from experience here.

I'd come across that vid in my search. Well on her website which IMO leaves a lot to be desired there is no way to contact either by phone or by email so I'm at a loss as to how exactly I'd get to talk to anyone there much less her. :(

It's too bad really. Such nice looking instruments but I'm very reluctant to buy from them now. Can you suggest anyone else in that $300 or less price range that make a good product in a solid body electric? Otherwise I may end up with a Stagg. They seem to get pretty solids review on their quality and they certainly aren't expensive but I really would like something in a tenor.

Thanks for your input.

Hey thank you all so much for your advice on this. I just got off the phone with Mim and she is sending me a Eleuke all set up for around $180 shipped. She was awesome and a hoot to chat with. Sending it 2 day air to boot so I'll have it in my hot little hands very soon. I'm jazzed (pun intended) :cool:

i would rate all eleukes as B grade, based on experience.
like the man said, get one from Mim

Top Bottom