New Modified Kasha braced Tenor.

Garry Petrisic

Reaction score
20140210_164431.jpg20140216_165623.jpgSaw some of Eric De Vine's ukes on the net and have been in touch with him. He makes great ukes. I am progressing my new tenor with bracing loosely after his design. Bear claw spruce top. Black heart sassafras sides and back. Queensland maple bolt on neck with Butt maple veneers and abalone inlay. I hope it sounds as good as it will look when I finally finish it.
Garry Petrisic20140211_153308.jpg

Beautiful Job on the modified kasha bracing. I too wish to hear the sound of it when done. thanks for the pics.

Thanks for the praise. I am coming to Honolulu in June for a couple of days and then on to Maui for a week. I hope to meet up with a few builders while I am there.
Keep you informed on the tone. I have not used the bear claw before. I have used Koa for top sides and back in the past.
Kind regards
Garry Petrisic.

Fretboard is She oak. I have used it before. A little soft but looks great when finished. very humid here at present. Not doing any gluing on bridge or back until the humidity goes down to around 40.

Looks wonderful GArry!

Still too humid and wet here to continue. Next step is glue on the bridge. Because my ukes do not have a sound hole, it is necessary to do things a little differently.
I will get around to it in the coming weeks and re post any progress.

Top Bottom