Thread: I don't do many covers...

Great job!

Default nice video...

Aloha Colin,

Wow! You really make that Makala (?) sing! Great job!

best,
    Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Default Thanks!

Thanks, guys - actually, it's the same old legendary "Uilani" by Pignose I got from Costco for $19 back in '04 - there was a guy with a Washburn Guitar stall who was selling these - we had to go through a few boxes till we found one that wasn't already broken. I originally intended it to be a toy for my son, then I realised it might actually be playable... That's how I started playing the ukulele...

Quote Originally Posted by ColinB View Post
    Thanks, guys - actually, it's the same old legendary "Uilani" by Pignose I got from Costco for $19 back in '04 - there was a guy with a Washburn Guitar stall who was selling these - we had to go through a few boxes till we found one that wasn't already broken. I originally intended it to be a toy for my son, then I realised it might actually be playable... That's how I started playing the ukulele...
    just awesome. it's really refreshing to hear about someone using a $19 uke to make great music. you sir, are an inspiration!

Default Well-travelled uke

Thanks very much, Russ - I have the Ovation Applause now, too, but somehow it doesn't have the same "character" as the battered old Pignose, which has been knocked around all over the place - over the Atlantic and back three times - the last time, I actually bought the cheapest uke gig bag I could find in London to bring it back in, which cost more than the uke did...

Thread Information