Johnson resonator

kwall

Reaction score
Hey there,

a post came up on craigslist near for about a Johnson resonator concert ukulele, it looks cool but has anyone ever played one? or know what they sell for new etc.

just looking for any review thank you

thanks alot janeray1940!! this helps me figure out reviews and such :)

thanks alot janeray1940!! this helps me figure out reviews and such :)

Johnson Resonator.....now I don't speak much American ....but this made me laugh .......is it me ?

I have a Johnson engraved model concert. Putting Aquila RED with a low G really brightened its sound.It plays in tune all the way up the neck. Its strap is greatly appreciated because of the weight.

Johnson Resonator.....now I don't speak much American ....but this made me laugh .......is it me ?

HUH? i dont get what you are trying to say... i dont speak american either

I have a Johnson engraved model concert. Putting Aquila RED with a low G really brightened its sound.It plays in tune all the way up the neck. Its strap is greatly appreciated because of the weight.

what did it come with string wise? and how does the neck feel? cause it is on the cheaper end.

thanks for your review

Sorry Kwall...but my schoolboy style f'naar f'naar humour understands that a Johnson is a male appendage and that a resonator is a vibrator of sorts and so it just struck me as amusing....but that seems to be disallowed ....so I'll be over here in the naughty boys corner.

I have had no intonation problems with the neck even at the 12th fret. The frets are nicely finished on the edges. I didn't like the plastic mother of toilet seat on the front of the peghead, so removed it and glued on a piece of leather.

Sorry Kwall...but my schoolboy style f'naar f'naar humour understands that a Johnson is a male appendage and that a resonator is a vibrator of sorts and so it just struck me as amusing....but that seems to be disallowed ....so I'll be over here in the naughty boys corner.

all good just was confused... to be honest it might make me want to buy it more :p

I have had no intonation problems with the neck even at the 12th fret. The frets are nicely finished on the edges. I didn't like the plastic mother of toilet seat on the front of the peghead, so removed it and glued on a piece of leather.

Thanks for all the help great to know

I have bought one used and am enjoying it. Did these come with straps or strap buttons? Mine has Two buttons at the butt and heel. Has anyone modified their resos? I have a couple of friends who changed out the friction pegs and one who put a National resonator in his Johnson. (Damn it CeeJay, I can't type that wit a straight face thanks to you.) Is it worth the price?

Top Bottom