Just ordered my uke. YAY!

uke-garou

Reaction score
I decided on a KPK mahogany tenor. It will feel like forever waiting for it to arrive.

Congrats, hope you get some gorgeous wood. Good luck.

I'm excited for you. KPK makes some phenomenal ukuleles and I have a feeling you're going to love yours. /hype hype hype

Share some pictures after she's all settled in :D

I've had classical guitars shipped overnight, and it seemed like weeks....really. There are a couple of ukeleles I'd like to order from HMS, but the wait would be overwhelming.

Good Luck! :)

Woot!!! Awesome! My first real ukulele was a KPK tenor and I love it!

Never heard of KPK, listened to some of their ukes on yt, mostly acacia, but one of the tenor vids might have been mahogany, it had great sustain, sounded good. Their acacias also sounded better than most affordable ukes I've heard, though the mahogany might be better than the acacia, I'd have to hear them side by side. They look like much more upscale ukes, so I think you got a great value there. How did you find out about them?

So this is your first uke? I just went through the same thing a couple weeks ago, when waiting for my first uke. It was more intense than I expected. If you want, and it's UPS, you can have them "hold it for pickup", and go down to the local HUB as soon as it arrives (usually 8am) and get it before it goes out on a truck for the day. I did this because of the winter shipping issue, I was afraid the temp change of a truck in the sun (I'm in california and it was in the 60s that week, and the uke had previously spent two days below freezing), and banging around all day in the truck might cause finish cracks or worse. In retrospect, it was probably unnecessary and irrational, but that's what happens when waiting for a uke.

Last edited:
Thanks for the awesome support, everybody.

@dav_9 ...for sure, I will post pics and a sound clip as well.

@Warbulele ... I researched brands of ukes to death before choosing KPK. I don't remember which thread it was but a member here on the forum had recommended KPK as an affordable uke that is well made. Others here gave it a thumbs-up as well. Thanks for the advice on delivery. We have 70 degree temps one day and 40 the next.

I don't have my uke yet but Jason has been great to deal with. He likes to educate so you can make a good decision, and he sets up the ukes before shipping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom