Kash braced uke almost done.

Garry Petrisic

Reaction score
Bolted the neck on and could not wait to sting it up. Used Koaloa gold strings. Sounds very bright with clear tone and moderate sustain. I thought the bracing was going too be a little on the light side but it has very minimal deflection. I have not applied any finish to it so far as the weather here is wet and the humidity is too high. I am very happy with the way it turned out.20140304_175008.jpg20140304_174822.jpg20140304_174847.jpg

Top is bearclaw Sitka. sides and back, blackheart sassafras, fretboard is She oak. neck is Queensland maple with butt maple veneers on headstock. Inlays are abalone . Bridge is rosewood with Koa backing plate. soundhole cutouts also have koa backing. Bracing is modified Kasha radial. Sound hole design is inspired by Benedetto. The bearclaw will come out a little more when I apply the finish which will be a coat or two of white shellac. The back and sides will also darken up with this finish applied.

I love the look of blackheart sassafras. Some day I will own a uke made with this!!!

Koa is great

Photo2079.jpgI am grateful for the feedback. more where this on came from my crazy mind. Black heart sassafras is a really great looking wood. I have made some ukes out of Koa. they are also truly beautiful.

Top Bottom