The Beatles and the Ukulele: An Ongoing Love Affair

Booli

Reaction score
Back on Feb 27, I got an email from the online shop Musicians Friend that had a link to this article about the ukulele interest and skills of the surviving members of The Beatles.

I thought I'd share this with UU:

from Musician's Friend said:
As documented in The Beatles Anthology, originally aired as a brilliant TV mini-series, the three surviving Beatles—Paul, George, and Ringo—got together in 1994 at George Harrison’s palatial Friar Park estate to reminisce and play a little. In an especially moving and revelatory sequence, George and Paul jam on a handful of tunes playing ukuleles while Ringo lays down a groove with brushes and handclaps.

read the rest of the story here.

I like this article, thank you. Quick question regarding the uke shown for Paul. Was he not a lefty?? I ask because the Uke shown is a righty cutaway. Machete

I like this article, thank you. Quick question regarding the uke shown for Paul. Was he not a lefty?? I ask because the Uke shown is a righty cutaway. Machete

The ukes in the linked article are stock shots of ukes that Musician's Friend sells (you can click them and go to the product page). Every picture or video I've seen of Paul playing uke has been lefty, and usually the uke he's playing is this non-cutaway uke - I'm not sure what kind it is though but it's definitely not either of the linked ones. Per this discussion, it may be a vintage Gibson tenor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom