25 Random Facts

01. I rarely did homework in high school.
02. I don't usually wake up before 10:00 a.m.
03. I had never heard the music of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole until just a few days ago.
04. UKISOCIETY inspired me to pick up the ukulele.
05. I have a PS3 with a 40GB hard drive.
06. I have yet to buy an Xbox 360, but it's on my list.
07. I own both a PSP and a Nintendo DS.
08. I don't practice the ukulele as much as I would like.
09. I am a Food Network fanboy.
10. One of my favourite TV personalities is Leo Laporte (of Call For Help and The Screen Savers).
11. I stopped watching Attack of the Show (originally The Screen Savers) regularly after Kevin Rose left.
12. The only G4 program I really watch is X-Play (formerly Extended Play).
13. I started watching Bingo America (on GSN) because Diane Mizota (host of the former G4TechTV's Filter) was to be the second season co-host.
14. I was incredibly disappointed with the setup of G4's revival of Filter (which, thankfully, was canned in its first season).
15. I'm a big fan of Mythbusters.
16. I looked forward to Fridays in Physics class because we watched Mythbusters.
17. I have the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls boxed set (it was released on my birthday), but have not opened it yet.
18. I bought that boxed set myself.
19. I have no idea what to name my soon-to-arrive kala baritone.
20. I used to play the Kingdom of Loathing every day.
21. I was addicted to Radio KoL.
22. My favourite RKoL DJ is ADeadHeart (her voice is lovely).
23. Actually, I don't have a single favourite DJ (others include Starkmoon, Cat_Killer, Lyxia, and Lillith).
24. I got my dad and step-mother into KoL.
25. I should really jump into KoL again.

1. I was single until I was 38.
2. We're planning to adopt a child - again!
3. I own around 25 ukuleles right now, most are soprano size.
4. I prefer concert sized ukes
5. My favorite TV shows are Dr. Who, LOST and Corner Gas (from Canada)
6. I met and interviewed 4 of the actors who portrayed Dr. Who for public TV. I interviewed countless Dr. Who companions. Solphie Aldred sat on my lap once!:nana:
7. I want to own a Borzoi someday (do a Google image search).
8. I drew an one-panel comic for my college paper. It was called "Off-Kilter" and was a rip-off of "Far Side"
9. My favorite male name is "Peter" or "Pete".
10. My favorite female name is "Alexandra" or "Alexandria."
11. I am addicted to Ebay.
12. The tallest woman I dated was 6 foot tall, but I had a blind date once with a woman who was 6'4". We didn't meet eye-to-eye tho.
13. The shortest woman I dated was 4'11"
14. My wife is 5'7"
15. I'm 6 feet tall.
16. If I ever won the lottery, I would create foundations to give to the local performance arts organizations, public radio and I'd live on a farm that would rescue at-risk animals.
17. I never play the lottery.
18. My favorite candy is dark chocolate. If it's cake, I want chocolate with chocolate icing. If it's cookies, chocolate chip.
19. I love to eat fish.
20. I have taken exactly one flying lesson. Someday I'd like to own a small airplane.
21. I play ukulele at every opportunity, except in the bathroom.
22. I sometimes play ukulele in the car.
23. I feel that playing ukulele has kept me from having a nervous breakdown in the past.
24. I rarely care what other people think about me.
25. My wife inspires me to be a better person.:)

1) I've played 4 instruments seriously in my lifetime: ukulele, guitar, saxophone, trumpet
2) I ran into a parked car riding my bike when I was young.. fell off my bike xD
3) I love Asian ppl, music, style, pocky, everything!! haha.. except manga
4) The only anime that ever caught my attention was dragonball Z and Naruto
5) When I was young I had a serious injury where i somehow cut my butt on a suitcase zipper?? Still have the battle scar lol
6) I believe if its good with ketchup it needs tabasco.. used to hate it.. now I love it
7) Everyone in my grandma's family can play the guitar except her.... :\
8) It is a fact (not to be cocky) that of the uke players at my school I am the best
9) I'm the only person I know who eats Ravioli cold right out of the can
9) My first job was painting apartments with my stepdad
10) My first video I ever made was about 4 or 5 years ago about me lip-syncing and dancing to some Indian song...
11) I've been playing ukulele for 1 year now, and I bring it to school every day
12) I can sing the whole alphabet backwards
13) I think coming up with 25 facts is hard
14) I think I cheated with the last question (this one too)
15) I don't like white girls.. I'm sorry, not to be rude, but I'm just not attracted to them
16) I love pocky!! :9 It's my usual snack
17) If I sing with emotion I sometimes tear up without even realizing
18) I play pokemon.. Am I ashamed?? Not anymore!! Lawl
19) I like to use "lawl" when I txt "Lawl" is my way of pronouncing "lol"
20) I'm allergic to goats.. I milked one once and broke out in hives
21) Car rides always make me super sleepy if I'm not doing anything
22) I get uncomfortable when people with foreign accents like British or Japanese or anything are mad at me
23) I absolutely hate Stuart Little 2. I'd rather eat dirt than watch it again.
24) My old screenname I used to use for youtube, xbox, aim, and everything else used to be "IzlandDute" (It's actually Island Dude with a "Z" and a "T" just to be a rebel) but I changed it because ppl didn't get it..
25) When I was very young I argued with my mom telling her there was only white people and black people.. I wanted to know what color I was, and I wouldn't take brown for an answer

1. My birth name sux
2. My dad started me in Aikido at age 6 because my birth name sux
3. Got into my first fight in kindergarten because my birth name sux
4. I have gotten into at least one fight every year from K thru 8, why you ask?
5. By ninth grade kids knew better than to make fun of my birth name
6. Told myself I'd change my birth name after Dad passes away (not to hurt his feelings)
7. Dad passed away in 2007, and I did not change my birth name (love you Dad)
8. My birth name is....
9. I am #5 of 6 siblings.
10. I am last of 6 siblings still remaining in Hawaii
11. My favorite color is purple
12. I am way too old to be a Naruto Shippuuden fan, but I am (anime addict in general)
13. When ever I go into a Vietnamese restaurant I order only Beef Pho
14. I have read every book by JRR Tolkien
15. I watched the first Star Wars movie 65 times the summer it came out
16. I love the ocean more than land
17. In 11th grade I flunked English but got A+ in Hawaiian, can't speak neither very well.
18. I love woodworking though I haven't made myself a ukulele yet
19. I love to fish, dive, boat, swim, and surf (see #16)
20. I LOVE coffee, I like it strong, dark, and hot just like my...
21. I hate getting haircuts.
22. I prefer my fish raw (see #16 & 19)
23. I hate crowds.
24. I am a chili head - mo hottah mo bettah
25. I prefer Japanese movies over Hollywood

Last edited:
1. love my job when im not there
2. papa catsup is my new love
3. took culinary but dont care to cook for a living
4. need a vacation coz i feel burnt out
5. i listen more to filipino music than anything else
6. i hate typing
7. i drank red horse and san miguel gin but never had beer gin
8. i fish but never ate what i catch
9. wow this i hard
10. sleep is good
11. i should cut my hair .... nah
12. hate stupid drivers ,but am one
13. yeah
14. got too much guitars but want more
15. gots really bad stage fright
16. tourist tell me that i have a strong accent
17.100% pinoy but dont look like one
18. almost done
19. im half deaf in my left ear
20. favorite word is huh
21. i want to drink a root beer right now!!!!
22. got to work on my singing
23. shoots taco is not open yet
24. almost there
25. yeah i made it!!! k den bye !!!!

ill do a new one.
25 MORE random facts

1. i work at KoAloha. been there for almost 2 months
2. ryan and aldrine actually watched the KoAloha Story before i did.
3. im getting back into anime after a long hiatus. on my list, code geass, shippuden, the rest of prince of tennis
4. i severely dislike todays mainstream music, with a few exceptions
5. i know the girl who does "I Want To Write a Song" on Aldrine's album, she was my ukulele teacher.
6. i play a KoAloha tenor.
7. i believe the best musicians are on youtube.
8. my 8 key on my keyboard, mysteriously fixed itself.
9. i get bored of things pretty fast, 'ukulele being almost the only exception.
10. when i was young, i LOVED legos. i had to match everything up symmetrically and it had to match colors. built everything from planes to houses to battleships with everything as guns or lasers.
11. about a fourth of my life was based around pokemon.
12. i technically have 4 classes at HCC, but i only go to my music and philosophy. still passing the other 2 though.
13. i fell on my laptop screen and broke the screen with my knee.http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6601
14. im pretty unlucky. i usually get to the bus atop as the bus is pulling away.
15. deach sent us an edible arrangement. it was delicious.
16. i took japanese for 3 years in high school and barely remember how to write basic characters.
17. im actually hawaiian. although you'd never guess it.
18. i am hawaiian, japanese, korean. go to your local library (remember that commercial?!).
19. i have an xbox 360 without controllers or a hard drive.
20. i hate people who lie and steal. probably because i used to do that kind of stuff. ex hoodlum
21. the worst thing you could do to me is slap me in the face. that pisses me off more than anything else.
22. i am a stickler about the correct pronunciation of 'ukulele. if you dont say it right (or at least try), youre not saying a word, youre just being ignorant.
23. some say ignorance is bliss. i say admitting your own ignorance is the first step towards learning.
24. i learn better one on one. i usually get bored in a classroom, doze off and end up sleeping through 2 periods because no one woke me up.
25. i have a blackberry curve. its pretty awesome, i just wish i could watch youtube videos in good quality.

BONUS:
26. anything apple (except for the fruit) hates me. any apple computer will simply not work for me. i have to really work to get my ipod to work for me.
27. im also a big stickler for quality. in my opinion, why spend money on an inferior item when you can afford the best there is?
28. i went to Damien memorial high school, an all boys school, and as a result im pretty shy around the opposite sex.
29. year of the horse.
30. my myer-briggs type is INTJ. apparently im some sort of mastermind.
31. the only thing i want out of life is to be happy.
32. im on a roll!
33. i hate katy perry. she is a horrible singer, slutty sell out, and none of her songs are at all decent.
34. i believe that todays media society is in constant decline. music, theatre and the arts are in constant decline. nothing is as good as it was in the 70s and early 80s.
35. i met Jake Shimabukuro, Herb Ohta Jr., Roy Sakuma, and got to see Jake, Aldrine and Danyo perform IN THE SAME DAY.
36. good enough for now.

ill do a new one.
14. im pretty unlucky. i usually get to the bus atop as the bus is pulling away.

take it from an ex-patriate, you lucky you still stay hawai`i.

20. i hate people who lie and steal. probably because i used to do that kind of stuff. ex hoodlum

see above. the last straw was i got caught tagging pearlridge when i was in intermediate school, so my parents sent me to the continent.

22. i am a stickler about the correct pronunciation of 'ukulele. if you dont say it right (or at least try), youre not saying a word, youre just being ignorant.

you go HAWAIIAN! I bite my tongue so much with friends. My sister/titah would correct people.

25. i have a blackberry curve. its pretty awesome, i just wish i could watch youtube videos in good quality.

the Bold is not much better with youtube.

34. i believe that todays media society is in constant decline. music, theatre and the arts are in constant decline. nothing is as good as it was in the 70s and early 80s.

lol. how you figga? we just didn't have internet then so you couldn't see the `opala outside the rock.

31. the only thing i want out of life is to be happy.

the winnah!

Not that anyone really wants to know too much about me...
1. I'm a born and raised resident of New York City
2. I'm a Pagan (yes, a through and through sun and earth/God and Goddess worshipper)
3. I own 4 ukes- (in order of arrival) Kala Kiwi, Tenor Hibiscus Red Fluke, Concert sized deached uke by Lori Espano, and a Concert Kiwi Spruce top found on Craigslist
4. On the way to get said uke from Craigslist in Queens, somehow I nodded off and my hubby was driving us into Long island. I woke up and set him straight
5. I'm an avid World of Warcraft player, my main is a hunter, but I'm working on a priest, and I have a Warrior too.
6. I love comic books, my favorites now are BPRD, Hellboy, and Fables.
7. I've got a wierd love for odd manga, my last favorite one was Iron Wok Jan.
8. I'm a trained chef, and did it for a few years.
9. I'm a full time nurse. (cooking doesn't pay the bills)
10. This year is my 10th year high school reunion
11. I got married on Halloween of last year in a Red dress. I am truely blessed to have found my husband (who does dishes. woot woot)
12. One of my co-workers who's Indian wished that her daughter would wear a dress like mine instead of the white Americanized dress she wore to her wedding.
13. I love jewelry from Tiffany and Co. The little blue box sets me a twitter.
14. I have a Tiffany charm bracelet with 2 charms.
15. I wear size 11 shoes. I have found that the best places to buy shoes for my huge feet are at tranny shops in the village.
16. I spent a week in a hospital living 'Girl Interrupted'. I have not been able to write poetry or music since then.
17. My hair color is 'Tiger Lily' by manic panic. I got talked through how to properly bleach my hair from a hairdresser friend over World of Warcraft Chat.
18. Cashew is a play on the sound of my Maiden Name. It's stuck. It was also a poem that I wrote describing me.
19. I recently had a major ukulele epiphany realizing that Ab is a movable chord, and now that I can play it, I opened up a whole entire cache of songs to play. My previous uke epiphany was the E chord. It really is easier than I was making it out to be.
20. Molly (Sweetafton) was my inspiration to play the uke.
21. My favorite indie singer-songwriter has got to be Jonathan Coulton. He plays with Paul and Storm, who are a close second.
22. I work 12 hour days. I only work 3 days a week.
23. I hate Grocery stores, I have my goods delivered to my door.
24. I live in a nice top floor apartment with beautiful views of the harbor.
25. Unfortunately, my view is of Elizabeth N.J. unless you look to the right, then you can see the Manhattan skyline.

Cashew, could you steer me to a site on the web that would give me more correct info on #2? Always curious.......

I forgot about this one. Miss the guy a bunch. :(

01. I rarely did homework in high school.
02. I don't usually wake up before 10:00 a.m.
03. I had never heard the music of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole until just a few days ago.
04. UKISOCIETY inspired me to pick up the ukulele.
05. I have a PS3 with a 40GB hard drive.
06. I have yet to buy an Xbox 360, but it's on my list.
07. I own both a PSP and a Nintendo DS.
08. I don't practice the ukulele as much as I would like.
09. I am a Food Network fanboy.
10. One of my favourite TV personalities is Leo Laporte (of Call For Help and The Screen Savers).
11. I stopped watching Attack of the Show (originally The Screen Savers) regularly after Kevin Rose left.
12. The only G4 program I really watch is X-Play (formerly Extended Play).
13. I started watching Bingo America (on GSN) because Diane Mizota (host of the former G4TechTV's Filter) was to be the second season co-host.
14. I was incredibly disappointed with the setup of G4's revival of Filter (which, thankfully, was canned in its first season).
15. I'm a big fan of Mythbusters.
16. I looked forward to Fridays in Physics class because we watched Mythbusters.
17. I have the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls boxed set (it was released on my birthday), but have not opened it yet.
18. I bought that boxed set myself.
19. I have no idea what to name my soon-to-arrive kala baritone.
20. I used to play the Kingdom of Loathing every day.
21. I was addicted to Radio KoL.
22. My favourite RKoL DJ is ADeadHeart (her voice is lovely).
23. Actually, I don't have a single favourite DJ (others include Starkmoon, Cat_Killer, Lyxia, and Lillith).
24. I got my dad and step-mother into KoL.
25. I should really jump into KoL again.

Hey, glad you did Ahnko, I missed this the first time around.

1. The first time I was ever in the ocean was Sandy Beach, Oahu. I was 18 and nearly died.
2. I have lived in OH, IL, HI, NE, WV, and GA.
3. I was a member of Mensa, but quit because I thought it was stupid.
4. I loved Farscape, and have not watched SciFi Channel since it was cancelled.
5. I have a propensity to boycott places or products for idealistic reasons even though I know it is pointless.(see #4)
6. I have a tattoo of Mickey Mouse on my shoulder.
7. I've played the guitar since 1990.
8. I'm the oldest child in my family.
9. Both of my thumbs are double jointed and I can gross people out with them.
10. I speak Japanese with a modicum of fluency.
11. Ukulele no ongaku ga dai sukidesu!
12. I don't take offense, unless offense is intended.
13. I think gyros are the perfect food.
14. I am a vast repository of trival information, but I never remember anything important.
15. I have never been to Europe, but have been many places Asia.
16. I'm Italian from my father's-father, and Czech from my mother's-mother.
17. It ticks me off when I think that flammable and inflammable mean the same thing.
18. I'm facinated by Leonardo Da Vinci and Benjamin Franklin.
19. I passed out from drinking a 1/2 can of beer when I was four years old.
20. We have four cats, and 0 dogs. I prefer dogs.
21. I've always wanted to learn falconry and own a raptor.
22. I think puns are the highest form of humor.
23. If there is a TV show on about UFOs, Bigfoot, Atlantis, or the Bermuda Triangle; I'm watching it!
24. The living person that I would most like to meet is Stephen Hawking.
25. I'm a push over when it comes to children, cute animals, elderly people and ladies with accents.

Last edited:
DeG, you're a hell of a lot more interesting guy than I gave you credit for. I thought mensa was stupid too...

And thanks ahnko, this is a good thread.. OK, here we go...

1. I have just lately become a huge LOST fan
2. My dream as a school kid was to play the trumpet in the Tonight Show band
3. I was one of a handful of highschool kids who could hit a triple G on a trumpet, and do it well.
4. I'm a big fan of 1930's big band music, 1950's jazz music, Mozart, and Nickel Creek.
5. I invented 4 things only to find out they had already been invented. Aaargh!
6. I got so sick when I was in jr. high I hallucinated. That's why I like the Pink Floyd song that has "I turned to look but it was gone" in it...
7. I was an athiest all my life until recently.
8. The tools I own are for mechanics and metalworking, but I just built and ukulele.
9. I like mentos, jalapenos, chocolote chip cookies and beer (but not all at the same time)
10. I'm a smoker but I don't wanna be
11. I finished a half ironman triathlon in under 7 hours, and I've run 7 marathons
12. I designed and built the hardware and software of the timing system for the Ironman Triathlon.
13. I have a thing for the number 13. My real name has 13 letters in it. I was born on the 13th. On my 13th birthday, which was a Friday the 13th, there was a total eclipse of the moon, I got a really great present, and puked from too much birthday cake.
14. I hate perfume. It's poison, plain and simple. Don't do it!
15. I always wanted to play the banjo, bought one, fixed it up, and now I just look at it.
16. I repaired my own television set, but I don't have cable and the only tv show I watch is LOST on Netflix.
17. I own a hot rod rice rocket honda civic that's supercharged, and goes like a bat out of hell.
18. I really like fireplaces.
19. I tried to learn languages... German, Japanese, etc... totally failed. I didn't even try to learn Perl, PHP, HTML, MySQL, etc, and can speak them fluently... (and a bunch more)
20. I have a serious fear of flying, not because it's unsafe, but because my father was an airline pilot.
21. My favorite game in vegas is roulette
22. My grandfather invented the trailer used to haul big spools of cable, and my grandmother taught me how to knit.
23. One of my relatives is a famous poet, but I don't like his poetry.
24. I read Aristotle, Shakespeare, Plato, Browning, Twain, London, Raynd, Swift, and Douglas Adams.
25. I run Gnu/Linux on my computer at home

And DeG, don't waste your time trying to meet Hawking. He's bright and all that, but he's a theorist after all. I'd much rather meet Leon Lederman, the guy who proved the existence of one of the quarks that makes up the standard model and won a nobel in the process because he did more than theorize. Hell, you and I can theorize with the best of them. I admire those who build the jig and do the test and find out if the theory is true...

Last edited:
1. I played basketball 2 years in college. Was captain both years and mvp last.
2. Call of Duty 4 is my shiz.
3. I can never get enough spicy food.
4. I have no idea what I want to be and i have 0 time to decide.
5. MY favorite show is and always will be the Simpsons.
6. My usual at Denny's is chicken tender dinner with double hashbrowns and BBQ sauce.
7. When I was little, my Grandma told me that the meat in Pork fried rice was Cat... I didn't eat it for about 5 years after that.
8. Once I almost drowned with floaties on.
9. My favorite kind of song is when Hip-Hop is put into a different Genre.
10. I REALLY REALLY want a custom Uke but don't want to get it until I think i'm ready for it.
11. I think the freecreditreport.com guys are geniuses.
12. Bill Gates Fun Facts boggle my mind.
13. Did you know, that if Bill Gates was walking down the street and a $100 bill fell out of his pocket that He'd be wasting his time picking it up? Because in those 3 seconds it would take for him to pick it up he would have already made $300 dollars.
14. I once got the same kind of basketball shoe 5 times in a row. Lebron 25x5x5's.
15. I wish to be great at the Uke someday.
16. I'm slowly getting into the UFC.
17. I can get lost on Youtube for hours, its the worst site when I have something important to do.
18. I am totally dedicated to get Brittni somewhere with her voice.
19. I love making youtube videos.
20. I'm a tank when it comes to Alcohol, many years of practice.
21. I'd pick Wendy's over any other Fast Food if I had to.
22. I wish I could get a double double from In-And-Out.. damn east coast.
23. I want to live in Hawaii for at least a year.
24. I wish I was closer to Uke Lovers.
25. I had a fish when I was little. Killed it by touching it too much because it just sat there all day. Buried it into a Cigar Box... Cigar Box dead Fish Ukulele anyone?

Top Bottom