Grade School Ukulele Assembly Presentation

brUKEman

Reaction score
Our ukulele meetup group was asked if a couple of us players can come down to the Grade School Assembly and do a little ukulele presentation. I figured we would do a very short history of the uke.
Show them the different uke sizes and tell them the advantages of learning the ukulele. Then at the end we could perform a couple of songs or maybe show one or two of the students some simple chords and have them play along on something simple like "This land is your land"
If anyone has done something like this and has any thoughts or ideas it would be much appreciated.

Assembly:

I did a workshop once for a local music store. I wished I'd have had prepared a lesson plan to reference. Next time I will.

Sounds like you've got a good plan. Remember it's an elementary school so make fun and energetic to keep their attention. Also you might think of doing a Hawaiian song when doing the history. Just a thought or two. Good luck.

This is how we introduced the ukulele program to my third grade class. We had 21 ukuleles so each child got to strum one. I was fortunate enough to have Stu Fuchs come to my school. The students learned the history of the uke, how to hold and strum a ukulele, as well as the parts of the ukulele they did sing and strum to This land is your land:) It was a huge hit. stu.jpg

Top Bottom