Two-Rack Ukulele Cart Plans

jdpepper05

Reaction score
I recently built a ukulele rack that holds 30 ukuleles. I am a middle school teacher and this was my first big project. I built this cart in less than three day by myself.

Since then, I have been contacted by a number of teachers who are interested in the plans. I have compiled a 'how-to' guide that can be purchased and downloaded at the following link:

https://payhip.com/b/mhkO

Happy Building,
DP

image-228756-full.jpg

First post, and you want to sell us something?

First post, and you want to sell us something?

To be fair, he's up front about it, it's a pretty decent design, and the dude only wants $ 10 for the plans.

It's not like he's importing them from Vietnam and selling them at a huge markup or anything.

I'm a middle school music teacher who purchased 30 ukes after a successful kickstarted campaign. (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/120224056/6th-grade-students-record-first-ukulele-song/posts)

I visited this page frequently looking for a solid classroom storage plan. I didn't find anything that suited my needs. I ended up building my own. After posting progress on the kickstarter page, I had teachers emailing me asking about dimensions, problems during construction, etc. That is when I decided to type it all up and create a mini DIY booklet. Compared to the guitar racks made by Wegner at $900+, this ends up being about $100+. To me that is a win.

Trust me when I say I'm not making much and what I do gets put into the program for any repair needs or music purchases that arise.

So thanks for not immediately being critical....oh wait.

I teach in multiple classrooms and needed something that could be easily moved with accessibility for easy unload and reload. The kids do great with it and it has held up over the last two years.

Concert or soprano?

I recently built a ukulele rack that holds 30 ukuleles. I am a middle school teacher and this was my first big project. I built this cart in less than three day by myself.

Since then, I have been contacted by a number of teachers who are interested in the plans. I have compiled a 'how-to' guide that can be purchased and downloaded at the following link:

https://payhip.com/b/mhkO

Happy Building,
DP

View attachment 64695

My administrator wants me to supply plans to have a cart built. I have concert sized ukes, and those look sopranoish?

The only post in this thread that bothers me is this one.

Agreed! Not cool, and not a nice way to welcome someone to the forum.
I taught a ukulele workshop to 2 classrooms of 34 & 38 kids recently. I sure could've used one of these!
Thanks for sharing, jdpepper05!

Section 8 of the Ukulele Underground rules does caution that first-time posters may enounter some resistance when posting to the Marketplace.

Having said that, thank you, jdpepper, for making your plans available for purchase. I am trying to start an ukulele ensemble of my own, and if I succeed, I will certainly be purchasing your plans.

I'm not sure if the later readers saw this, but this post is over 3 years old.

Top Bottom