Soprano case question

JamieWG

Reaction score
I would like to buy a hard soprano case to travel with that is light, very compact, and can fit under an airline seat. Does anyone know of a hard case that is not so much longer and wider than a standard soprano uke? My Mainland soprano is 20 3/4" long, with a lower bout width of 6 1/2".

I love the MAX case that I have for it, and it's great for travel since it's light and even has backpack straps. (It's actually been a godsend to have the backpack straps since I've been on crutches with a broken foot!) But it's 26" long and won't fit under an airplane seat. I've not had problems putting it into the overhead, but I do get nervous about somebody possibly moving it and throwing a heavy suitcase on top of it. My mind would be more at ease if I had a case just barely larger than the uke for plane travel, and could put it under the seat in front of me. Suggestions welcomed!

Jamie

Last edited:
My soprano hardshell case is 24"......the hard foam case is 23 1/2"

My soprano hardshell case is 24"......the hard foam case is 23 1/2"

Phil, thank you for the reply. I did some research yesterday, and 23 1/2 is about the smallest case I saw in length. I don't think it's worth it for me to buy a new case to save just 2 1/2", but I think the next time I buy a soprano, I'll get a smaller case for it. Then for airline travel, I'll use that case. Besides, that gives me an excuse to buy another uke instead of just another case. LOL!

I don't have measurements handy, but I've travelled with sopranos and concerts in typical shaped hardshell cases and never had a problem placing them under the seat or in the overhead bin.

Top Bottom