The Irish Washerwoman

Thanks for reminding me I used to love to play this on mando, must try it on the uke.
Steve.

This is Greta! Thanks for sharing it and the tab! I have so much to practice now!
Randy

I love this little tune and have been playing it all afternoon. However I just realized that I'm probably not playing it correctly because there are a lot of repeats and I'm not sure how to read the tab so that I'm playing the sections in the correct order. Can someone give me a hand and write out the tab so it flows from start to finish in the right order?

Yes it is quite intricate...
There is the "intro", played once only,
then the A section, with ending 1 or 2 so I name A1 and A2
section B with ending 1 or 2 so B1 and B2 (when you have the ending mark, you play first the end named 1, and at the repeat, you dont play the 1 and jump to the end 2, clear ?)
and you have the "coda" or "fine" to play once at the end instead of the A1 ending.
Play : intro, A1, A2, B1, B2, A with ending directly in "fine" (my playing is intro A1, A2, B1, B2, A1, A2, B1, B2, A fine)
(this is to have all the tab on one page because it is not esay to read on three pages if you write in extenso)

Top Bottom