New soprano? (travel/to-go)

tikibar

Reaction score
So, summer is coming up!
Sun is starting to shine over here and i got the uke buggs again.

Since my soprano got stolen last year:(, i'm in the market for a new one :D

The uke will function as my "to-go" uke and will come along everywhere i travel. therefor i'm looking for a not to expensive (around the 100$ mark) uke. preferable soprano (easy to take with me and already got a case for it)

At the moment my eye fell on a kala Ka-Sem but before commiting to it, i wanted to check with you guys first.

Any suggestions and/or experiences with the kala ka-sem are welcom!

One option for you, T. Low volume for airports and hotels, high volume with a $50 battery-powered travel amp.

(There's a concert size Risa Stick on UU now, unless it sold).

I found that it was really awkward to tune the Risa. Those tuners are so close together... I also don't like to wear a strap, so the shape of the Risa sort of requires one.

Why not go with a Makala Dolphin or Shark? They are less than $50 and are great for travel or throwing in the back seat. Since the body is plastic, they are pretty rugged.

That Ka-Sem is a very pretty ukulele on the HMS site. I was considering a Luna Pineapple Tattoo from them, which is also in that price range. If you ever re-sold it, the Kala would likely retain its value the best.

Kala's are great for like the in-expensive that have some quality you can take anywhere and not worry too too much. the sem looks cool but i think its more you are buying it for looks. the kala ka-s is really nice just for your basic. also if you are thinking travel try somthing indestructible such as fluke's or there has been this new one being the outdoor ukulele. How did your other get stolen? i am sorry to hear that, that is why i would suggest something less conspicuous and basic like tha kala ka-s. The sem might be too flashy, though it looks AWESOME.

Top Bottom