Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tenor Guitar

I don't know anything about the Tonewood brand. Yes the Ibanez is the one you linked to. Selling here for $299 USD. It also has a solid spruce top like the Blueridge just a smaller body. The tonewood guitar probably has a laminate top.
    Use correct strings (see chart previously posted) and you will have proper tension.
    Mainland Red Cedar Tenor
    DS Gill Tenor Pineapple spruce/mahogany
    Goldtone Concert Banjo Uke (BUC)
    Soares'y Fourcaster steel string electric tenor guitar/ Bari uke tuned DGBE
    Blueridge BR-40T Tenor guitar tuned DGBE
    Kala U-Bass
    Gold Tone CC-OT 5 string banjo
    Come visit "CB's Pickin' Place"

Thanks, cb.
    The Ibanez looks like it will only be available in the UK from August. I suppose it gives me time to save up my pocket money.
    So many ukes, so little time.

Ashbury 8 String Tenor, Kala ASAC Tenor, Kala KA SMHB Baritone, Kala KA SRB Baritone and latest addition Tanglewood TTG Tenor Guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilUSAFRet View Post
    Thanks, Phil.

Ashbury 8 String Tenor, Kala ASAC Tenor, Kala KA SMHB Baritone, Kala KA SRB Baritone and latest addition Tanglewood TTG Tenor Guitar.

Now ya got me thinking about a short scale tenor guitar tuned gCEA,

I just read on the Tenor Guitar Registry that Kala is coming out with a small-bodied, short-scale tenor guitar. No details on when, but it sounds like it will resemble the short scale Regal tenors/Fletcher Tenortones - 21" scale with a body just a bit bigger than a baritone ukulele.

Quote Originally Posted by seonachan View Post
    I just read on the Tenor Guitar Registry that Kala is coming out with a small-bodied, short-scale tenor guitar. No details on when, but it sounds like it will resemble the short scale Regal tenors/Fletcher Tenortones - 21" scale with a body just a bit bigger than a baritone ukulele.
    That sounds like my dream ticket. I love Kalas.

Whoo, hooo, Sounds like a good way to go. Now, if they would just make a concert size 8 string taropatch. Somebody, please. The world doesn't need another tenor 8 string uke.

Whoops, not a "short scale tenor guitar"....here's a previous post on UU re: kala ukes set up to be tuned in 5ths for mandolin players, etc., including a tenor uke. Not exactly a tenor guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_P7...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by seonachan View Post
    I saw that posting too, and I'm intrigued! A short-scale tenor has been on my wishlist for a while. I hope this one comes to fruition. I think the tuned-in-fifths ukes were Kala's way of testing the waters. An actual tenor guitar is the next logical step.

I wonder: will this be Kala's first steel-stringed instrument?

- FiL

Thread Information