Tv show binge watching recommendations?

Great British Bake Off
Call the Midwife
Worst Jobs in History (bbc can be found on youtube)
Alfred Hitchcock series
Twilight zone series of the '60's
The Waltons

Recently have been watching Etugrul on Netflix during breaks and lunch while working. Talk about being pulled into a rabbit hole and cant get out until I finish. On episode 74 today.

The Wonder Years TV show is on Hulu I think. I also like the old black and white Andy Griffiths.

While I was waiting for the internet guys to make it out here and hook me up, I binged on Dexter. Great show. Who doesn't enjoy a loveable serial killer?

Only Murders In The Building (Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez) and Loot. IMHO, OMITB is the best show to air in many years. I expected Loot to be an annoying long-play of SNL skits but have been pleasantly surprised. Both are presently current and the most recent OMITB aired last night.
I binge-watched OMITB because I got one month of Hulu and needed to get it all in before the month was up. (Got Hulu to watch McCartney 3,2,1.)
I really enjoyed the show and am debating signing up for another month of Hulu when the next season of OMITB is out.

I'm sort of binging a few shows because they're on over-the-air TV and I often turn the TV at night while I read. So I guess I'm currently binging on Everybody Loves Raymond, (which does have some good laughs) and Mad About You, (my dogs are enjoying the dog on the show, LOL.) Impressive guest stars on Mad About You.

I see that people have mentioned Psych and Monk which I'll watch if they show up. I recall watching Boston Legal but don't know if that ever airs anywhere now. There are always the old Dick van Dyke shows and Mary Tyler Moore shows if they pop up too. And Bob Newhart. I didn't see any of those when the originally aired, (I'm not old enough for some of those original air dates, I think), but I enjoy them.

"Tour de France: Unchained" on Netflix is eight episodes of the 2022 TdF. It is made by the same people that are doing "Formula One: Drive to Survive" and is more up close and personal as they get close ups of the riders during the racing.

"Tour de France: Unchained" on Netflix is eight episodes of the 2022 TdF. It is made by the same people that are doing "Formula One: Drive to Survive" and is more up close and personal as they get close ups of the riders during the racing.
There are a quite a few sports shows now, all using that same formula- golf, tennis, surfing, bull riding, cheerleading, etc. Not all on Netflix tho .

I love TV series. Since Breaking Bad I got into Bob Odenkirk's spin offs Better Call Saul but got confused in how they marketed the last season... subscribe madness; some episodes available somewhere.. maddening.
He has a new series Lucky Hank that I also am confused about best way to watch without subbing a minimum of 1 month to a channel that I've seen practically every show (on every channel) that were block busters, And even if I did I'm not sure all the episodes would be there.

I'm into historical Chinese and some Japanese drama series. The ones that were state funded have the best production values in general (Japan has NHK) ... actually China has too many (for me) series' geared toward young idols and magical fantasy heroes.
I like a dose realism in my drama entertainment.
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms and Warring States are a couple of classics.
Yangxi Palace is a great show that represents the genre.

Crime, police & detective procedurals I love too. International is great (I read sub titles a lot) The Bridge, The Tunnel, Spiral, Octopus (Italian mafia) ... American style, The Shield (awesome LA cop series), some of the Gotham series, The Wire.

Last edited:
Oh if you are a race car enthuse there is a classic anime series "Initial D" you must watch!

A bit hard to find episodes since its an older show but worth the effort.

I binge-watched OMITB because I got one month of Hulu and needed to get it all in before the month was up. (Got Hulu to watch McCartney 3,2,1.)
I really enjoyed the show and am debating signing up for another month of Hulu when the next season of OMITB is out.

I'm sort of binging a few shows because they're on over-the-air TV and I often turn the TV at night while I read. So I guess I'm currently binging on Everybody Loves Raymond, (which does have some good laughs) and Mad About You, (my dogs are enjoying the dog on the show, LOL.) Impressive guest stars on Mad About You.

I see that people have mentioned Psych and Monk which I'll watch if they show up. I recall watching Boston Legal but don't know if that ever airs anywhere now. There are always the old Dick van Dyke shows and Mary Tyler Moore shows if they pop up too. And Bob Newhart. I didn't see any of those when the originally aired, (I'm not old enough for some of those original air dates, I think), but I enjoy them.
Boston Legal was a fave until Candace Bergen joined the cast as Denny Crane's ex-wife Shirley Schmidt and, inevitably, same as she did in the earlier series, Murphy Brown, forced the focus from simple, belly-laugh humor to liberal politics. The late, great Leslie Jordan was a hoot opposite the also late, great Betty White. We recently found reruns of "Family Affair" on Peacock which are a pleasure to watch, along with (as you mentioned) Dick van Dyke, MTM, Bob Newhart, Carol Burnett, Lucille Ball, Andy Griffith and everything else rated "TVG". I'm no prude but it's infuriating that we now have to pay for TV and at the same time must search for content that doesn't prominently feature the F word (and worse) in every other line.

Last edited:
Also infuriating are the endless commercials on over-the-air TV. Same commercials over and over and they go on and on. (At least on the channels that have shows like the ones I mentioned.) I keep the remote handy and mute all the commercials.

Edit to add:
Too much violence on many shows these days, which is why I end up watching the old shows instead.

Last edited:
I just finished the 4th and final season of Never Have I Ever on Netflix. This show has a lot of YA elements to it as it's primarily a coming of age series but it's smart, funny and takes many issues today's teens have to deal with head on so I think it's more than just a YA show. Yes there is a good deal of the box-checking going on that we've come to expect with practically every show and movie these days but at least in this case it's not too overly obnoxious. Most of the cast are very appealing and the lead actress and focus of the series, Devi really carries the show. She's very funny and just shines. As a 60+ year old male I'm pretty certain that I'm not in their target audience but I really enjoyed the series and I recommend it.

Just started the pilot for "Almost Australian" which stars the hilarious and thoughtful Miriam Margolyes who recently made headlines for posing nude at age 82. So far, I'm enjoying the show and am not eager to view the photos:ROFLMAO:. There is a fair amount of profanity but it's fairly well placed within the dialogue.

Top Bottom