People who give ukulele a bad rep.

i learned creep about a week ago... and i didn't realize til today how many covers of creep are on youtube. i have to say i enjoyed amanda's cover, though the only thing that bothered me was the way she was holding her ukulele.

You should learn Creep on the Ukulele too

I showed the Amanda Palmer video to a friend who is BIG Radiohead fan.
I expected him to hate it, and his only response was, "You should learn Creep on the Ukulele too" :D

Ha Ha Ha! I burst out laughing at this. Your friend has it exactly right. Rather than hating a thing, be be inspired to go out and do it better.

No it's not.

But that's my opinion!:rolleyes:

*OPINION BASHED!!!!!!!*

Oh, thats now what we are doing in this thread...

*RUNS AWAY*

but being super serial here, the Creep cover was intresting... not my fave, but not the worst cover ever. but sweet jeeezuz the lady in the closed... seriously? SERIOUSLY?.... *throws up hands*

Anyways, if you find anyone bringing down "God's instrument"...
I liked her version, although like the others here I didn't like the uke itself. I'd like to get the tab for that dong if anyone here is doing it.

But what's this "god's instrument" nonsense? Does that mean atheists can't play it? Will our independence be tainted by doing so? And which god? There are so many these days, it's hard to keep track of them all. I recall the story about the dyslexic agnostic who stayed awake all night wondering if there really was a dog...

I recall the story about the dyslexic agnostic who stayed awake all night wondering if there really was a dog...

nice :D
anyways the uke playing itself was pretty bad. The singing was okay. but the song choice fit really well. I don't really think Radiohead would care (they dont even play that song anymore).

I think those that hated it failed to catch her intentions. I watched a few of her videos today and in all of them she is strange and appears to go for the "shock factor".

Also her ukulele cost $20 brand new. It's a Hilo. She probally got it as close to being in tune as she could get it.

Yeah, What Howlin' Hobbit said. Amanda Palmer was the reason I learned Creep, and I prefer her version to Radiohead's... I really like the (more quoting) "minimalist" feel to it. While she's certainly no virtuoso on the ukulele, I certainly think performing should be about connecting with the audience in a meaningful way, and she does that. She does that in spades. FWIW, the recording at Black Cab Sessions she uses a Pono.

Top Bottom