Song Help Request "All The Years" by Wild Child - Help figuring out picking / strumming?

graybones

Reaction score
Here's the song:
https://soundcloud.com/erikwithakay/all-the-years-wild-child

I believe the chords are C G F G and one E7 on the last chorus. But if you listen carefully, he's plucking individual strings mixed in with the strumming, and I can't really figure out what strings he's plucking. But it definitely makes the simple chords more interesting.

As an example of what I'm talking about: I know in their other song "Pillow Talk" he plucks the C or E string before every DUUD strum, pretty sure he's doing something similar to that in "All The Years" but I can't nail it down.

He uses a baritone ukulele and I use a concert, so maybe that's why I'm having trouble matching the notes? I'm a beginner so let me know if anything I wrote here is wrong or uses incorrect terminology! Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Here's what the strumming/picking pattern sounds like to me. A uke with a low G string would be best for this song, but I arranged it so that it would sound good on a uke with a high G, which is what many people start off with:

Code:
     A                C#m7             DMA7             E7
A|-0-0----------------2----------------4--------------2-2------2-------0-|
e|---0--------0-0-----0--------0-0---2-2------2-2-------0--------0-------|
c|---1------1-1---1---1------1-1---1---2--------2-2-2---2--------2-2-1---|
g|---2--------2---2-1-1--------1---1---2--------2---2---1--------1-------|
     DU, UD   D   D   DU, UD   D   D   DU, UD   D   D   DU, UD   D   D

If you're talking about the chime sounds, then here's a tab. I only used natural harmonics, but it still sounds legit imo:
Code:
    A    C#m7      DMA7  E7         A
A|-<12>-<7>----16---------------16-<12>-|
e|----------------------<7>-------------|
c|--------------------------------------|
g|----------------<7>-------<7>---------|

Good luck! And happy playing :D

Last edited:
Thank you!! Those tabs are exactly what I was looking for! I might get my boyfriend to play the chime part on another ukulele or on the kalimba... thanks for tabbing that out as well!

Thanks again :)

Top Bottom