Moore Bettah Koa Tenor For Sale

I feel the same as Patrick and Len. But I went to ebay to look at it and somehow ended up buying a Anakoneke Mango Soprano. Looked so yummy.:drool:

Why not buy two and honor him twice as much!! :p

Only because they are next to impossible to get and tough to afford. In a perfect world, I would have two Moore Bettahs - one for low g, and one for high g. If that happened, I would probably sell all my other ukes. I would not need them, and would need to sell to in order to afford two MB ukes!

But my dream is to just get one Moore Bettah. There is nothing in the world that would make me happier to own...no uke, no car, no vacation, no fancy clothes, nothing. Okay, maybe an oceanfront condo in Kauai where I could play that uke. ;)

I kind of lucked into a chance to buy a used spec MB tenor recently, and it turned out to be mostly what I might have wanted in a custom MB - wonderful sound and tone, beautiful koa, low level of bling, beautiful rosette and binding. There are some things I probably would have asked for that I didn't get with this uke, like a side sound port, and maybe a subtle inlay on the headstock and maybe interesting fret markers, but I appreciate how hard it is to obtain a MB uke and I feel lucky to have one at all, and especially lucky to have one that meets most of my aesthetic wants. If Chuck were to allow me to order a custom, I would say yes in a heartbeat, but my feeling is that there are so many people who want MBs and so few of those people who actually have them that if I were to get a custom I'd want to be sure to pass the one I currently have along to someone else who really wants one, and for that reason it's difficult for me to understand people who have several of them that they don't play. It kinda sucks for Chuck that once one of his ukuleles is in the marketplace it might command a price significantly higher than what he sold it for, but when I bought mine used (from someone who, I believe, may have asked Chuck for his blessing to sell it), Chuck was gracious enough to PM me on Facebook to welcome me to the Moore Bettah family. I respect Chuck not only for his ability to build beautiful instruments but also for the way he exemplifies the Aloha spirit.

Last edited:
I respect Chuck not only for his ability to build beautiful instruments but also for the way he exemplifies the Aloha spirit.

He is an awsome guy for sure. I hope to one day shake his hand. I was lucky enough to get onto his next build schedule, starting a week or so later, when I got mine a few years ago.

He is an awsome guy for sure. I hope to one day shake his hand. I was lucky enough to get onto his next build schedule, starting a week or so later, when I got mine a few years ago.

Congrats!! Any special designs?

never played? you must have another twin MB to record those videos on youtube!!

You are correct. I edited my ad on April 6th because I remembered playing it on one video. The note is on the bottom. Unfortunately, eBay will not allow the original text to be edited after there is a bid. That being said, the instrument is perfect and has lived in storage. Also, yes I have three MB's. :)

Gorgeous MB, Gary. If it was a concert,would have to join in on the bidding. The sale seems to be progressing well. Someone is going to be a very lucky MB owner!

Leaving for Hawaii in the morning, a highlight of our trip will be stopping by to meet Chuck! :D

Congrats!! Any special designs?

It is a NSB Concert, so none of his awsome inlay or anything just an awsome sounding and looking uke. I got it about 5 years ago before his list blew up. I happended to send him an email asking about building a uke and he said I have a slot open in my next build cycle. I had my uke withing a couple of months of initally contacting him. I wonder sometimes how long his waitlist is now adays.

Anyone that is going to bid on the Moore Bettah and does not have any feedback or a PayPal account, please contact me before you bid. By doing that I may be able to accept your bid for the uke. Thanks.....

Top Bottom