A Seasonista Wrote This...stuff

A new Berni Original that I wrote in response to some holier than thou anti-abortionists on a Forum. Their "Pro-Life" stance was paper thin, if you looked through other threads they had commented on you found the twisted anti-life stances that I associate with the whole alt-right trend that has led us to President Donald Trump.

I doubt any of them would ever listen to this, but I felt it needed stating.

Long live the separation between church and state!

Hey Guys! I've really been inspired by Seasons the last few weeks. I love hearing your songs and engaging in the community. It a great place you have built here.

So, I was reading a book to a class of four year olds last week, and I thought to myself Someone should write a song about Elephant and Piggie, E & P is one of my favorite book series for kids, and the relationship between the two main characters is unique and dynamic. Immediately, the words started flowing into my head, and a song came out. It's the first song I've written for the Uke, and it sounds an awful like a certain Blink 182 song, but I hope you like it!

Give a girl a new mic, a 12 string guitar, and an old song becomes new!! This is also a testament to the fact that I'm not always rainbows and gumdrops happy...

Marie Duval pulling Elvis's strings

Whilst sorting out my seeds for spring planting I came across an old
shopping receipt and this is what was written on the back of it.

The slow Broadband Blues

I composed this whilst having trouble with internet.I hope it strikes a chord with some people

Many of you know my day job is a nurse, well, it can be discouraging how many people just want a pill to fix their problems, now. So here's my ode to instant gratification and big pharmaceuticals!

There is a first time for everything and here on UU I had a Tom Russell song
I had covered locked and blocked. Apparently there had been some complaints about
it and somebody had objected and the moderator stepped in and locked the thread.
I was never told who had objected or what were the objections. But I noticed that
instead of getting my usual 20 views in links the thread was viewed 131 times
and I found this both funny and ironic so I wrote this short song as a response.
Just making an observation here... no hating... no stirring up controversy.

I've just finished writing this song about when my Dad used to take me fishing with him on the River Severn when I was a child. Very happy memories. I hope you like it because I think it's one of my best!

Here's another very personal song, this one in its second incarnation, slightly changed, including the title - but it's all true! As the young man seems truly not to remember me, it can go out there! I still have the book he gave me for my 17th birthday...

As you may know, I'm writing a song a week between now and my birthday next year. This is my second. It's not appropriate for the current Season, but I wanted to share it just the same.

Top Bottom