John S. Kinnard tenor

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
Sold

This winter I had been selling off some of my ukes to help pay for my son's college costs. I have sold some beautiful high end ukes, but had issues with finish cracks that developed from shipping during the winter on a wonderful William King long scale tenor. As a result, I vowed to wait until Spring to sell off some more to raise some more cash.

None of these are easy to part with as the ukes that I have in my stable are all in a word, amazing. But here goes.

I had John build me this uke last August. I am not going to get all mushy about it and just list it's specs along with the pics. His series three ukes now start at $2250.00. This one has a European spruce top which I paid a $100.00 upgrade for. It is in mint condition, not a mark on it. The tweed case it came with is new as well as this uke was living in an Ameritage case since I got it. It is currently strung re-entrant with Savarez Alliance strings. The sound sample is from Kevin with low G Southcoasts on it which he sent me when I got the uke.

https://soundcloud.com/dkcrown/kinnard-eir-sound-sample

$1675.00 includes shipping to the continental US

Price drop. $1550.00 shipped conus

Another drop $1475.00 shipped conus

East Indian Rosewood back and sides
European Spruce top
Rosewood bound radiused fingerboard
Mahogany neck with double carbon fiber reinforcement rods
Rosewood bridge and head plate
Series three rosewood binding with side maple line purfling
Maple, black, maple black top purfling
Black, maple, black rosette
Rosewood end graft
MOP Head plate inlay and fingerboard markers
Peghead tuners

Last edited:
Beautiful! Wish I had not just gone on a buying spree and acquired two new tenors already this month. I now needled stands and noticed the nice one you are using for these photos. Can you tell me the source?

Beautiful Uke and sound ... there will be a lucky buyer ... for sure.

Beautiful! Wish I had not just gone on a buying spree and acquired two new tenors already this month. I now needled stands and noticed the nice one you are using for these photos. Can you tell me the source?

Yes Dulcio, I am the source. I made a few of these for my own personal use. I am a cabinet/furniture maker by trade. Sorry, none for sale though :(

It is a beautiful ukulele to behold and the sound is amazing. Too bad my stable is full. (If you ever decide to make those stands for sale, let me know.)

The Kinnard ukes are built flawlessly. People rave about Collings, but the fit & finish of these ukes are truly flawless. You won't be disappointed in the craftsmanship.

Also, I will put a plug in for Dana (dkcrown). I have had a high-end transaction with him and it couldn't have been a smoother process. You won't regret buying from him.

Price drop. $1550.00 shipped CONUS. A great deal and a wonderful way to spend that tax refund!:)

That's so pretty, Dana. I play on sops and concerts now, but that tenor is so lovely. At over 7 Benjamins less than a new one, some tenor player will love that instrument. Love!

Great job on the uke stands.

That's one beautiful uke Dana! If I were still buying ukes I'd be all over this one. I only bought 4 or 5 ukes from you in the past couple of years and was impressed by all of them.

OK, those tax return checks surely have arrived by now.

Another drop. An absolute steal at $1475.00 shipped conus.

Hey Dana,
That would be fun to put in the store. Tried to get a few times from them but they were not ready for it. MGM was raving about them to me and ever since I wanted to try. If still available I'll buy it. Even if we sell for less I want to get one and sample...lemme know. thx

Thank goodness. It was becoming far too tempting.

Andrew, I'd really be curious to hear your thoughts given how many different ukes you've sampled. I was blown away by the Kinnards I got to check out.

Top Bottom