Hey Seasonistas - I want to know your real name

That is really great Debby. I think you can go in and change your user name if you want in settings. I sometimes want to myself. I would have chosen FlossieD because I like the sentiment and Flossie is just a cute name:) I too am an artist and have painted a cheap uke. I love the pink uke and you will find many really cute ukes played by birdseyeviewofmyuke (Lynda). I was a watercolor artist. I say was because as you know if you stop painting you loose those skills and I haven't painted in the last 10 years. caukulele - Denise is also an artist here. She has started a thread I believe featuring some of her work. She paints ukes among other things. Here is a pic of the cheap uke I painted. I first layered on a tissue paper of music and then floated on different colors and then stamped some fun travel images. The part I had trouble with was the top coat. Nearly impossible to get a high gloss coat without runs. Anyway it was fun to do. We have many character artists among us too. There is a season 110 called art and artist that have many songs with art featured. That might be fun to look at. Glad to get to know you a little better:)

IMG_3334.jpg
IMG_3328.jpg

Last edited:
That is really great Debby. I think you can go in and change your user name if you want in settings. I sometimes want to myself. I would have chosen FlossieD because I like the sentiment and Flossie is just a cute name:) I too am an artist and have painted a cheap uke. I love the pink uke and you will find many really cute ukes played by birdseyeviewofmyuke (Lynda). I was a watercolor artist. I say was because as you know if you stop painting you loose those skills and I haven't painted in the last 10 years. caukulele - Denise is also an artist here. She has started a thread I believe featuring some of her work. She paints ukes among other things. Here is a pic of the cheap uke I painted. I first layered on a tissue paper of music and then floated on different colors and then stamped some fun travel images. The part I had trouble with was the top coat. Nearly impossible to get a high gloss coat without runs. Anyway it was fun to do. We have many character artists among us too. There is a season called art and artist that have many songs with art featured. That might be fun to look at. Glad to get to know you a little better:)

View attachment 75040
View attachment 75041

That uke is very cute! My big thing with taking the strings off and sanding it, then doing whatever to it...is that during all that time, I wont have a uke to play. lol I could play my daughter's I guess. My husband has an old resonator, but I don't play it. It smells like moth balls, from being at his great aunt's house so long. I think she must have had it near moth balls, or had moth balls in the case. yuck... My daughter now plays a tie dyed Ukadelic. It's pretty much the same uke as my Shark, but it feels different and I like the Shark better. I'm hoping to upgrade, in the future...so, I'll probably let this pink stay. When I get the upgrade, it wont bother me to get creative with the shark, I'll have another uke to play. OK..sorry for taking up so much space on this thread....enough about me. (you get me talking art, and I'll go all day)

a. there simply cannot be too much ukulele chit chat. please - nobody stop!

and b. linda that uke art is super awesome :bowdown: no strings on? does it play as good as it looks? can we have a demo????????

Hello Rick, Debbie Joo and Alan.

Rick, This is the best place to be for continual practice and performing to an appreciative audience:)

Debbie, Glad you've joined the seasons. Your song written for 151 was amazingly good!

Alan, Sounds like you made the right investment. You do have a wonderful voice and your playing ain't to shabby :)

Joo, I have had more fun getting to know you through your vids, You are a charming joy to watch. You will find you are among many many artists here. What is it about the uke and artists?

Hendulele and D3B7 How did you two come up with your Seasonista names?

The uke is a great companion for artists like me who need distractions:
like today while waiting for the paint to dry...I strum my uke...then when I didn't know what else to do to my painting...I strum the uke...when I need to take a break from staring at my painting too much...I strum the uke.....AND THEN sometimes, before I even start painting, I strum the uke...then I never even get to the easel at all! lol!

Last edited:
like today while waiting for the paint to dry...I strum my uke...then when I didn't know what else to do to my painting...I strum the uke...when I need to take a break from staring at my painting too much...I strum the uke.....AND THEN sometimes, before I even start painting, I strum the uke...then I never even get to the easel at all! lol!

oh my YT channel is joojooukes and some people call me JooJoo, ju, juju...my art students call me Miss Joo:D I used to have a website called AuntieJoo too.

Thank you! I'm an artist, too. I do mostly drawings in colored pencil, graphite and charcoal....mostly portraits (and pet portraits). My colored pencil drawings have so many layers that they look like paintings, and I call them that (most colored pencil artists do). I have also taught drawing classes, at a local studio. I also dabble in Kumihimo, crochet, and knitting. My husband is an oil painter. I love his paintings on saw blades. My daughter also does all kinds of art...but beading is probably her favorite.

I hate the nickname I created on here. I was trying to sign up and needed a name in a pinch. I'm a very creative person, until it comes to picking a screen name, online! lol so I just tried to make a vague disguise of my name... the 3 is like a backwards E..*rolls eyes* and I just stuck a 7 at the end. I know. It's bad. lol -About as bad as playing a pink ukulele!! I love playing that little thing, but I did not choose that color! I'm thinking about altering it, somehow, but I'm scared of compromising the sound. If I was an airbrush artist, that little uke would look much better.

Debbie, what's your YT channel?
and what's Kumihimo?
I crohet too...very very simple ones...VERY simple freeform stuff...stuff like badges.
ummm a pink uke sounds nice...hehehe...
but airbrush sounds cool too!

Debbie, what's your YT channel?
and what's Kumihimo?
I crohet too...very very simple ones...VERY simple freeform stuff...stuff like badges.
ummm a pink uke sounds nice...hehehe...
but airbrush sounds cool too!

I can't figure out, on this phone, what my YT channel is. I haven't changed it to a personalized URL, yet. I haven't decided what I want it to be. I know that once you set it on YouTube, there is no changing it. Here is a link to my last vid. http://youtu.be/8hn9PrJ-hp8

Kumihimo is a Japanese braiding method. You can make flat and round braids with intricate patterns. You use looms to do so. I highly recommend googling it. The history and tradition of Kumihimo is very neat. If you ever give it a go, the round braids are the easiest. It's not hard. I've helped teach it to kids. You can also incorporate beads and make beautiful jewelry. There are a lot of pictures on Google. I think Kumihimo is a great idea for uke straps.

I can't figure out, on this phone, what my YT channel is. I haven't changed it to a personalized URL, yet. I haven't decided what I want it to be. I know that once you set it on YouTube, there is no changing it. Here is a link to my last vid. http://youtu.be/8hn9PrJ-hp8

Kumihimo is a Japanese braiding method. You can make flat and round braids with intricate patterns. You use looms to do so. I highly recommend googling it. The history and tradition of Kumihimo is very neat. If you ever give it a go, the round braids are the easiest. It's not hard. I've helped teach it to kids. You can also incorporate beads and make beautiful jewelry. There are a lot of pictures on Google. I think Kumihimo is a great idea for uke straps.

Oh that sounds interesting! I will check it out! I just watched your video...I have missed it last week...I really enjoyed it:) Thanks for sharing!

a. there simply cannot be too much ukulele chit chat. please - nobody stop!

and b. linda that uke art is super awesome :bowdown: no strings on? does it play as good as it looks? can we have a demo????????

It has strings now. I had it hanging to dry for a very long time. The top coat ended up way to thick and it took literally months to cure. I will pull it out and see if I can come up with something quick and simple :)

Oh that sounds interesting! I will check it out! I just watched your video...I have missed it last week...I really enjoyed it:) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

Call for Artists

Lynda, please: Tommy, Uncle Tommy, T. all theses are fine But when I hear Thomas I think I'm in trouble, (an old comrade). It makes me wince. NoMan is perfectly acceptable too. As in "NoMan is in trouble", again!

To all you'all Seasonistas who are Artists or cartoonists, I have a couple of projects you might want to get involved with.

I am planning a SeasonistasTristateRegionalUkuleleMeet: S.T.R.U.M. for this summer. (NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD): STRUM works better though. I am looking for a suitable Tee shirt Design to cover Start-up costs. Two Ideas I have are:

1. A graphic with a Uker and a little girl dancing, Raeden Dances; Any proceeds to this event will go to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Which helps families like consitters, who have special kids.

2. A cartoon like CeeJay's avatar.

I'm sure there are other good ideas out there too!

I am also interested in Simple Artistic, Black-line, graphics for use on various banjo/banjolele heads, skin or plastic.

Any one who might be interested in these projects should PM me. IamNoMan.

My name is Ted Zeppelin.

Hello Rick, Debbie Joo and Alan.

Rick, This is the best place to be for continual practice and performing to an appreciative audience:)

Hendulele and D3B7 How did you two come up with your Seasonista names?

Last name Henderson, so Hendu sorta gravitated my way as a nickname over the years. The variations are endless!

My name is Ted Zeppelin.

Ha! any relation to Led and is that really your name?:confused:

Last name Henderson, so Hendu sorta gravitated my way as a nickname over the years. The variations are endless!

Ahhh yes thats a good one. Can you hendme that ukulele:)

Lynda, please: Tommy, Uncle Tommy, T. all theses are fine But when I hear Thomas I think I'm in trouble, (an old comrade). It makes me wince. NoMan is perfectly acceptable too. As in "NoMan is in trouble", again!

To all you'all Seasonistas who are Artists or cartoonists, I have a couple of projects you might want to get involved with.

I am planning a SeasonistasTristateRegionalUkuleleMeet: S.T.R.U.M. for this summer. (NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD): STRUM works better though. I am looking for a suitable Tee shirt Design to cover Start-up costs. Two Ideas I have are:

1. A graphic with a Uker and a little girl dancing, Raeden Dances; Any proceeds to this event will go to Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Which helps families like consitters, who have special kids.

2. A cartoon like CeeJay's avatar.

I'm sure there are other good ideas out there too!

I am also interested in Simple Artistic, Black-line, graphics for use on various banjo/banjolele heads, skin or plastic.

Any one who might be interested in these projects should PM me. IamNoMan.

Tommy, This is a great thing your doing here. You might want to start another thread so that it is seen by all.

Tommy, This is a great thing your doing here. You might want to start another thread so that it is seen by all.

There is a section in the main forum called "Regional Get Togethers" that's where you really need to be posting. Put a link in from one of the threads in this forum, by all means but avoid duplicating the thread. The Mods don't like it. Wendy got ticked off for posting duplicate threads in two sections of the forum.

Right oh. I will not make any formal announcements though until I have confirmed a site and date. I am probably going to move the date to 7.18.15 though. Some UU'ers have indicated they will be on holiday in the Lehigh Valley area of PA then. The location should be within a ninety minute Ride of NYC, Phildaphia, Bingahmpton. Harrisburg. Maybe two hours from Baltimore -don't get caught though! Camping and relatively inexpensive lodgings within 5-20 minute ride.

Teaser: Nazareth Bourough Council is having a special meeting Monday night to discuss my first choice site; which is two blocks from the CF Martin plant and Museum.

Top Bottom