NUD - not sure if I'm going to keep...

Congrats on one sweet uke.

You might have to call in sick tomorrow due to the boogie woogie flu.

Enjoy

congrats John it looks super...now you can paddle to hawaii to see the hula gals :)
....happy strummings..
Thanks Stan. By the time I get there I'll probably be plum wo' out and hungry, can I crash in your garage? :)

Congratulations to lucky you!

Thanks. Luck has nothing to do with it though. A certain amount of disconnection from reality and completely irresponsible financial management, yes; luck, no. :rofl:

I just ordered from BP a D body style 5 string baritone walnut b/s, western red cedar top, maple fretboard/bridge, maple top/bottom binding, side only fret markers, and MISI pu. Now for the wait (which is kind of fun)!!! In the mean time I'll be strumming my BP 5 string concert Kayak.

Sweet. Hopefully next year I'll order a matching 5-string baritone.

Congrats with that one! Enjoy!

Thank you!

John

Congrats on one sweet uke.

You might have to call in sick tomorrow due to the boogie woogie flu.

Enjoy

Thanks, actually, I'm a step ahead of you. We get 1/2 day holiday tomorrow and one at a time all day my coworkers were emailing the group that they were going to take a half day of vacation. So I decided I would, too. I can "play ukulele 'til my fingers bleed."

John

Congrats John. Got any more pics for us? Would love to see the back and sides. :)

Congrats, John and welcome to the Boat Paddle Extreme Enthusiasts Club. I think we ought to lobby Jerry to come up with a catchy T-Shirt.

Sincerely hope you enjoy your BP as much as I do mine.

So is this the ML model?

No, this is an M. The Tenor ML basically has a baritone body. I like ukes that sound like ukes so I actually like smaller bodies. Looking at the interior construction I would "thumb rule guestimate" that the sound box on this M tenor is roughly midway between the size of an hourglass concert and an hourglass tenor - though the useful part of the soundboard is probably closer to the area of a tenor, because of the long stretch of soundboard between the bridge and sound hole.

I'll try to shoot some video in the not too distant future. For now I'll describe the sound as "not KoAloha loud," though it certainly has plenty of volume. The tone is not quite as "beefy" on the low end as some traditionally shaped tenors - but that suits me really well. I think if you're looking for that beefy tone though you'd probably want the ML or maybe even Jerry's traditional shape. This one ranges from a very "delicate" sound when lightly picked to a "spry" or "lively" sound when picked harder or strummed. It really suits my current playing style amazing well.

John

Congrats John. Got any more pics for us? Would love to see the back and sides. :)

Thanks. I only took 40 or so pictures when it arrived... :)
IMG_1859_web.jpgIMG_1861_web.jpgIMG_1862_web.jpg

LOL!

That's an awesome looking uke! Great choice!
Thanks!

Congrats, John and welcome to the Boat Paddle Extreme Enthusiasts Club. I think we ought to lobby Jerry to come up with a catchy T-Shirt.

Sincerely hope you enjoy your BP as much as I do mine.

Hmmm, there's a thought. Well...speaking of enjoying the BP I think I'll go do a little of that.

John

Well, I finally got around to doing a quick demo of the new Boat Paddle five-string tenor uke. Just noodling around with a little picking and strumming, nothing fancy.

The video and audio are both unaltered and from a cheap webcam, but it actually did a reasonably decent job of catching the character of the uke.

Cool vid, now we need one of you playing it! I like the bird inlay, too.

John

Top Bottom