UWC6 Roll Call... you coming?

Freeda

Reaction score
I plan to come Friday and tent camp.

Hellzyeah. Crashing in the xB, solo as far as I know. Probably roll in Tuesday or Wednesday.

Planning for Tuesday. Camping. Just me.

Landing at Indy 4PM Friday. Crashing a cabin. Leaving Sunday morning.

*SO* Excited!

Last edited:
Wild horses and all that. :) Well...okay...my employer might be able to keep me away.

Planning on riding the motorcycle; when I roll in will depend on how long I can stay in the saddle. I usually take two days in the car (couldn't make myself stop and drove straight through last year, though). I'm figuring probably three days each way on the bike but if my back starts acting up I'll take an extra day.

I will be staying in a hotel because my lightweight camping days are long gone and light weight is really the only kind of camping you can do on a bike.

I'm hoping to be there by Thursday afternoon and will probably leave Monday morning.

John

Pa and daughter,

Leaving on Thursday, after my daughter's last day of school, probably be there Fri through Sun. We will live in our tent.

Wednesday to Sunday. In a cabin.

Please pray my daughter in-law doesn't go into labor early.

Wednesday to Sunday. In a cabin.

Please pray my daughter in-law doesn't go into labor early.

Just leave them a couple of rolls of duct tape and some super glue...

Nah, just kidding. Congrats on the eminent arrival. Will this be your first grand child?

John

As much as I'd love to make it to UWC, alas, it is still not to be.

We will be in Madison for Memorial Day Weekend - and Wiscon, a Feminist Science Fiction Convention. This is an annual visit, and we spend a week there.

Unfortunately, I don't have much vacation time available, and the client situation for my wife's business hasn't been very good (nor is it optimistic), so as an essentially single income/two sets of bills household, we have to play it close to the vest.

All y'all have a great time - I hope to be there, one year.

-Kurt​

Kurt -- you are so close by. It's a shame.

John -- Yep. This is the ONE thing that could stop me from coming. Early babies run on both sides of the family, too.

John -- Yep. This is the ONE thing that could stop me from coming. Early babies run on both sides of the family, too.

Congratulations! You're about to discover that grandkids are so much more fun than kids. I wish there was a way to skip kids and go straight to the good stuff!

John

My family will be there; we're taking along our tent.

I'll be there Tuesday and probably drive home on Monday.

If I get all excited it might be arrive on Monday.

And I could get all excited very easily.

Wednesday to Sunday
Camping in tent-zilla. I have room to share if people need a place to crash, and cots

Top Bottom