Are there any reviews for the Luna Bass Acoustic/Electric Uke?

mhoward48

Reaction score
As the title states, have any of you tried the Luna Bass Acoustic/Electric Uke?

I know this thread is a year old, but it makes more sense to revive it than to start a new thread with the same subject. I would also like to read an assessment of the Luna Bass Acoustic/Electric ukulele.

I see two models are available. Both have a (laminate) spruce top and a mahogany back/sides. One model is painted gloss black with maple binding. The other has a satin finish with a tattoo pattern on the top. I don't know whether the tattoo design is painted on, a decal, or laser etched.

Does the EQ have a built-in tuner, or is just an EQ?

Is it tuned E2-A2-D3-G3 ? Wikipedia says A3, but that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not looking for a U-bass. Please tell me about this one.

I have the tattoo model. It came tuned an octave up from a normal bass (not sure about A2 et al...)

The EQ is just an EQ, no tuner.

The tattoo is laser etched.

Here's my take on it, I was unhappy with the higher octave, it also really needs to be plugged in to sound good. The strings are tighter than a traditional bass so I found it difficult to play. It looks better than it sounds, at least mine was somewhat muted.

I know you're not looking at the U bass, but FYI, I had a luthier modify mine to accept the rumble bass strings, so now it is more like the ubass, and I am much happier with both the sound and the playability.

Thank you, Piecomics. That's helpful information.

Does anyone else have experience with either Luna Acoutic/Electric Bass?

Top Bottom