Reno Uke Fest...any UU'ers going??

sonomajazz

Reaction score
So far I've heard from mds725 and a couple of others...anyone else??

Uke Jay? You going??

Recommended workshops: Sarah Maisel, Ralph Shaw, Gerald Ross, Daniel Ho, Jim DeVille...et al

http://playuke.net/

Last edited:
I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon also. I'll be presenting Play Ukulele By Ear workshops on the public stage Friday and Saturday. For those UUers that can't make it this weekend, tune into my website over the coming weeks for 3 Questions interviews with Sarah & Craig, Heidi & Daniel and other A-List ukers.

I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon also. I'll be presenting Play Ukulele By Ear workshops on the public stage Friday and Saturday. For those UUers that can't make it this weekend, tune into my website over the coming weeks for 3 Questions interviews with Sarah & Craig, Heidi & Daniel and other A-List ukers.

Looking forward to meeting you Jim...and your workshop.

We had planned to go this year, but life intervened, but Mainland will have some ukes on display and for sale.

Having grown up in Indianapolis and going to IU, I am disappointed you won't be there, I have always wanted to meet you.
One of these days (after retirement) I do plan on UWC, I love Brown County !!

I heard a lot of folks couldn't get to the festival because of the weather. Is this true?

THAT was a fun weekend! Just popping in to share some of the photos I took! Hope you enjoy :)

Craig, it was great seeing you, Sarah, Heidi, Daniel, Jason, Gerald, and Daniel at the festival this past weekend! The concerts were absolutely awesome and the workshops were great too! Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your talents with us! And your photos, too!

I heard a lot of folks couldn't get to the festival because of the weather. Is this true?

Some friends and I traveled by car to Reno on Thursday and had no problems. It rained in Reno and Sparks on Friday and it must have snowed on Friday in the Sierras, because on Saturday morning, the Sierras had a new blanket of snow (snow line estimated at about 4,500 feet). I guess it depends on when people tried to get into Sparks. We encountered snow flurries in and around Donner Pass while traveling back to the Bay Area on Sunday, but the weather at lower elevations was okay.

Last edited:
Craig, it was great seeing you, Sarah, Heidi, Daniel, Jason, Gerald, and Daniel at the festival this past weekend! The concerts were absolutely awesome and the workshops were great too! Thanks so much to all of you for sharing your talents with us! And your photos, too!

Some friends and I traveled by car to Reno on Thursday and had no problems. It rained in Reno and Sparks on Friday and it must have snowed on Friday in the Sierras, because on Saturday morning, the Sierras had a new blanket of snow (snow line estimated at about 4,500 feet). I guess it depends on when people tried to get into Sparks. We encountered snow flurries in and around Donner Pass while traveling back to the Bay Area on Sunday, but the weather at lower elevations was okay.

Hey Mark...am I reading this right....snow at the end of April/beginning of May...wow the weather has changed since I lived there... :)

We love about 80 miles from Reno at 2200 feet. We left home at 9 am and arrived at the fest at 12:30. Along the way, we had a blizzard starting at 4,000 feet and lasting past Truckee. Much of the time on the road was waiting to get past chain control.

Top Bottom