Old musician, New Uker

MikeOnTheUke

Reaction score
Hey. Guess I should drop an intro here. X3

Hi everyone. I'm Mike. I REALLY don't remember how I found this site, but I'm pretty sure it was through YouTube browsing.

Anyway, to sorta introduce myself: I've been playing various instruments for most of my life (given I'm in my early 20s, that's not long, but still.) My main instruments are Trumpet and Mellophone/FHorn, Handbells, and more recently (last few years) Guitar. about 6 or so months ago, I decided to add to my repertoire the ukulele, mainly to have a different string instrument to complement acoustic and electric guitar, if need be. I fell in love with it. How could I not. And now that I found this site, I guess it goes without saying I'l be, at the very least, lurking about. Should be awesome.

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and I hope to have some good fun with y'all. X3

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to Ukuleleunderground MikeOnTheUke,
I liked your thread title......"Old musician, New uker " Now I will have to try the trumpet and the bag pipes. There is so much to learn and so little time.

Welcome to Ukuleleunderground MikeOnTheUke,
I liked your thread title......"Old musician, New uker " Now I will have to try the trumpet and the bag pipes. There is so much to learn and so little time.

The Trumpet's a fun instrument once you get the feel for it. Not to mention the versatility it has, stylistically. The bagpipes, though. Now THERE'S an instrument I'd love to add to my repertoire. But yeah. Learning and travel are the two most important things in life, and it just seems like there are too few hours in the day, and days in the year to really go all out on them.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes and well-wishing, guys. X3 Really makes me feel the warmth of this place/community right off the bat. Looks like I can take the "hope" part out of the "Hope to enjoy my time here." :)

Top Bottom