Fake G-String?

The GString order page on their site has been in limbo for what seems like months. Maybe Ayers trolls to find luthiers who are on hiatus and then copies their designs, assuming that the original luthier is not operating.

Not my kind of company.

Wow, buyer beware!!
We have unscrupulous companies manufacturing:
More Bettah's artwork
Fake Aquila strings
Fake Pono ukuleles
Fake Evolve's
Fake G-Strings

and probably many more we don't even know about. I know a lot of us are trusting people but these companies do not tell the truth. If it sounds too good to be true.....

Fake G String. Type that into Google.... NSFW.

;-)

Is anyone surprised that models, designs and shapes are being copied? It's capitalism. The ultimate predator.

Mmmm. I think I feel a song lyric contest brewing: write a song about fake ukuleles....

Wow, buyer beware!!
We have unscrupulous companies manufacturing:
More Bettah's artwork
Fake Aquila strings
Fake Pono ukuleles
Fake G-Strings

and probably many more we don't even know about. I know a lot of us are trusting people but these companies do not tell the truth. If it sounds too good to be true.....

Dude, the chinese are even copying the BMW X5. There's a long queue of big companies who'd like to sue the entire country, before they get around to dealing with the counterfeit uke market.

Fake Evolves

Has it been proven that the East Start ukes are copies of Kamoa, rather than being the company that built them for Sam?

Dude, the chinese are even copying the BMW X5. There's a long queue of big companies who'd like to sue the entire country, before they get around to dealing with the counterfeit uke market.

Well that certainly does put things into perspective!

*Originally Posted by*stringy*
Fake Evolves
Has it been proven that the East Start ukes are copies of Kamoa, rather than being the company that built them for Sam?

Evolve dealers say East Start does not build the Evolve and that they are knock offs.

East Start says they build the Evolve.

Hummm...who to believe.

Well, I don't know who else sells the Evolve, but if it were just between East Start and Kamoa, I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could spit a rat.

Well, I don't know who else sells the Evolve, but if it were just between East Start and Kamoa, I wouldn't trust either of them as far as I could spit a rat.

Lots of Kamoa dealers in San Diego. Some carry the Evolve. They speak very highly of them.

Thanks for the warning.........I'll stick to wearing my thong from now on !! :D

Last edited:
Lol... EastStart gets them from the same people who build for Kamoa, so they are not knock-offs. (if thats even possible in china) Ask the Kamoa dealers where the diamond inlay on the headstock came from, they supposedly have trademarked.

it's funny...the subject said it's Hawaii made G string....but at the Q&A part ...they said it's all made in China....
the title is really misleading...and the price is not cheap at all for a copying product.

Maybe Gstring is starting out building in china now...who knows alot of uke companies go overseas now... if I could read chinese, it would help... thank you Jen

I kinda doubt it. I don't think Derek would let em use his logo without permission. Just my thoughts . . .

I talked to my friend that I saw the fake G-String information on UU. He asked them on the post directly. I guess it should be some misunderstanding on it. They said they sell is real GString ukulele. The below Q&A response was answered to someone asking about Alulu ukuleles (made in Vietnam), not this instrument. It might due to Yahoo's Q&A system. Some questions and answers are hidden if they didn't show them on the post.

I think it may happen if they change the item from XXX to GString Ukulele. And they forgot to clean the old Q&A content.

1.JPG

Last edited:
Now it is funny when I see the answer. Don't know why they declared about the Alulu. That didn't answer the question. Only make ot worse.

I don't know it is fake GString or not. I am curious to know.

Top Bottom