What are you listening to?

51eBdGDegSL._SY300_.jpg

Chet Baker and Art Pepper - The Route

This recording pairs one of my favorite trumpeters with one of my all-time favorite alto sax players. The whole group is excellent and Richie Kamuca works very well as the third horn.

51ttnpWE7oL._SX300_.jpg

Bob Dylan - Cover To Cover: The Originals (4-CD)

I've sung the praises before of Bob Dylan's Radio Radio CD sets which contained the music he featured on his Sirius radio show, Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour. (all 5 volumes are highly recommended) The music here is very much the same, Americana from the 20s to the 60s with the main focus in the 40s to 60s. There are no actual Bob Dylan performances here but these are all songs he's covered in various capacities throughout his career and what appears on the CDs are performed by the original artists. There's a lot to love here; county, bluegrass, string band, blues, early R&B, early rock-n-roll, folk. I was killing some time in a used book store and found this new/sealed as well as vol. 2 for a price I couldn't pass up. ($7.99 for each 4-CD set) I'm currently on disc 2 and I've loved every minute of it. It's a wonderful, varied and eclectic collection. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
pierre bensusan encore.jpg

Pierre Bensusan - Encore.

A 3LP live retrospective. Simply the most lyrical, expressive and astonishingly gifted guitarist in the world today. Up there with the best rekkids I've ever heard. The soul, depth and breadth of this man's composition skill and playing is beyond words.

View attachment 82868

Pierre Bensusan - Encore.

A 3LP live retrospective. Simply the most lyrical, expressive and astonishingly gifted guitarist in the world today. Up there with the best rekkids I've ever heard. The soul, depth and breadth of this man's composition skill and playing is beyond words.

Just ordered this upon your recommendation! CAN'T WAIT.

ever heard Wes Montgomery's "A Day in the Life"? A favourite of mine.

Just ordered this upon your recommendation! CAN'T WAIT.

ever heard Wes Montgomery's "A Day in the Life"? A favourite of mine.
Oh that's great, turtle. I'll avoid the temptation to say "hope you like it" because I know you'll be blown away. Enjoy!!!

And no, not heard Wes Montgomery's "A Day In The Life". Off to have a listen now though...

"Klezmer & Hassidic Music" by The Burning Bush. Happy, sad -- lots of emotion.
"A Touch of Klez!" The Klezmer Conservatory Band -- they're great! Very talented. ((Listened twice))

I really like Klezmer Music. It always makes me feel good even when it's sad. I like music in minor keys. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Lots of chilled out "stoner" music:

Robin Trower-Bridge Of Sighs
Cream-Disraeli Gears
Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here
Flaming Lips-Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Peter King-Omo Lewa (If you haven't heard of Peter King, he's an Alto Sax player from Nigeria-very cool and funky)
Santana-Abraxes
Jimi Hendrix-Electric Ladyland
various artists-Rebirth Of Cool Volume2
The Beatles-The Beatles (the white album)
CSN&Y-Deja Vu
The Grateful Dead-Aoxomoxoa & Reckoning

Robin Trower-Bridge Of Sighs

Without a doubt one of the best albums I've ever bought (in about 1976 I think). The expanded edition with the live sessions is fantastic, and really shows what an incredible talent James Dewar was.

I assume from your name you're into reggae. Best Dressed Chicken in Town-Dr Alimantado would sit nicely amongst that selection. I don't smoke anything anymore, but this is a fine album after a litre of Gin.

"Klezmer & Hassidic Music" by The Burning Bush. Happy, sad -- lots of emotion.
"A Touch of Klez!" The Klezmer Conservatory Band -- they're great! Very talented. ((Listened twice))

I really like Klezmer Music. It always makes me feel good even when it's sad. I like music in minor keys. :eek:ld:

I love PMJ :)

Been into electronic stuff lately, especially:

Chris Liebing - Selected Remixes of the Last 10 Years

Which one, Ozzy or Postmodern Jukebox?

Either way, you're more than welcome, enjoy :)

Despite being what you might describe as a "metal head", I have to admit to being partial to klezmer

Beethoven - 5th Symphony (C minor) & 1st Symphony (C Major) & 3rd Symphony "Eroica" (Eb Major) -- Herbert Von Karajan - Berlin Philharmonic. Truly great music. :eek:ld:

Last edited:
Top Bottom