Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus
    Sound City Real to Reel ( I just watched the documentary week before last)
    Preservation Hall Jazz Band - St. Peter and 57th Street and The Essential Preservation Hall Jazz Band
    Aruan Ortiz, Esperanza Spalding, Francisco Mela - Junjo.
    Just to name a few.
    Let's have a laugh after we cry. Let's hope we live before we die. Loudon Wainwright III
    Best Regards,
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Raygf View Post
    Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus.
    Oh man, I forgot about that one -- and I now have plans for a rainy Sunday afternoon!

Otherwise, listening to Radiohead's The King of Limbs.

Jim Croce's greatest hits CD.

Rapid Roy the Stock Car Boy, Roller Derby Queen, Workin' at the Car Wash Blues ....
    Things get better with age. I'm approaching magnificent....

Kala KA-SC :: Sapele /ebony soprano, handmade :: Kiwaya K-Wave Tele Uke :: Big Island KTO-TR :: Lanikai LU-8EK :: Eastman concert prototype :: vintage banjolele :: Mainland gloss mahogany concert

"And if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there..." - George Harrison

"Just a few ukulele hooligans getting wild and strummy...." - chindog

5:2576

Listening to Jason Isbell's Southeastern.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene ukulele View Post
    Great thread brother. For what it's worth I never gave up on vinyl and never will. My turntable gets more use than my CD player. As for going digital, I don't even own a mobile phone. It just won't happen.
    I am the exact opposite. I never want to 'own' music again. I find it cumbersome to lug around lots of cds and or records. Even keeping mp3s organized and distributed on the multiple computers and devices I own is a hassle. I am a big fan of the paid streaming services model (Spotify, Pandora, etc).

I will say that there is something nice about the ritual of putting a record on and sitting down to listen to it. But ultimately i still prefer the streaming model.

The Best of Siouxie and the Banshees is my soundtrack this week---such a strange collection of amazing music.
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

I recently rediscovered Muddy Waters' Folk Singer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folk_Singer.
    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.” ― Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyUkeThatMatters View Post
    The Best of Siouxie and the Banshees is my soundtrack this week---such a strange collection of amazing music.
    I bought "The Scream" the week it was released. Can't believe that was 1978!

Saw them live in Sheffield the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkayaker1 View Post
    I just got The Lyre's iconic On Fyre debut on Itunes. Do you remember that one, connor123? I'm blasting it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LqF5P3Fa84
    I was schooled on the Lyres only a few years ago. It's embarrassing to admit, but I came of age with NKOTB.(Fortunately there's pills can help with that).

Steely Dan - Can't Buy A Thrill and Countdown To Ecstasy

Steely Dan is one of those rare bands where I thoroughly enjoy their entire body of work. They've been solid and steady from the very beginning. Even their low points are at least interesting. If you even have the most remote interest in this band you should check out the DVD from the classic albums series on the making of "Aja". It's really interesting to see how they work and how they put their classic album together.

2012-12-23-steely_dan_cant_buy_a_thrill.jpg Countdown-to-Ecstasy2.jpg
    Lanikai LU-21C concert - nato laminate (my starter uke!)
    Ohana CK-42R concert - solid sinker redwood top, solid rosewood back and sides, maple binding
    Kala KA-FMCG concert- solid spruce top, laminate spalted flame maple back and sides, mahogany binding

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a ukulele which is basically the same thing.

I'm all over the place this week

Uke:
    Papa Lemon
    Del Rey
    Craig Chee
    Sarah Maisel

Other:
    Son House
    Ricki Lee Jones
    Neil Young
    Neko Case
    Mahalia Jackson
    Sex Pistols
    Buddy Guy
    Grand Funk Railroad

And now I want to hear some Steely Dan. iTunes match is a wonderful thing, I love having all my music available everywhere.

Thread Information