What are you listening to?

Carla Bley and Paul Haines 'Escalator Over The Hill' an amazing piece of
avant garde jazz.....or a soothing,long pastoral piece...or....the listener
has to decide what it is,but it is superb!

i have an eclectic mix of stuff in rotation:
John Coltrane-Expressions
Sons Of Hawaii-The Folk Music of Hawaii
Shonen Knife-Osaka Ramones

XATW-00125321.jpg

Together Again!!!! - Teddy Edwards and Howard McGhee

A very nice hard-bop date with the additional fine talents of Ray Brown, Ed Thigpen and Phineas Newborn.

Just got this Hayes Carll record. Great songwriter.

Today it has been Bela Fleck Live Art ....................

I don't know Bela fleck's work. Does he do traditional stuff? bluegrass? new grass? something else?

Mike , Bela Feck is a banjo virtuoso . As well as establishing himself as a top notch bluegrass/new grass musician , Bela Fleck is known for his improvisational skills . The live recording Bela Fleck & the Flecktones "Live Art" would be an excellent listen if you have the time . It also features a guest spot with Chic Cores . It can be found on you tube in its entirety . I would post a link but I'm not sure how to do that with this tablet :rolleyes:
Al

[video]m.youtube. com/watch?v=iYaDHGCdYvY?[/video]

Just so you know, your link doesn't work. First, the "m" before YouTube means that it's a link intended only for mobile devices, so the link won't work for people trying to access it from non-mobile devices. Second, there's a space in the url between "youtube." and "com". I don't think any devices will know what to make of a link with a space in it.

I believe this may be the video you wanted people to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYaDHGCdYvY

Thanks for the help mds725 !
That is the link I was trying to post .

Al

095267.jpg

The Fletcher Henderson Story: A Study In Frustration

This is some fantastic stuff if you're into 1920's jazz at all. There's some big names in here including Don Redman, Louis Armstrong, Coleman Hawkins and Fats Waller.

I haven't listened to much lately so I pulled out some of Hank Mobley's Blue Note material from the 50's. He's among my favorite tenor sax players in the jazz world.

LHJ10220_2.jpg

Dave Bailey Quintet/Sextet - The Complete 1&2 Feet In The Gutter Sessions.

This is some fantastic jazz featuring a lot of jazz greats including Charlie Rouse, Junior Cooke, Curtis Fuller, Bill Hardman, Clark Terry and Horace Parlan among others.

Carla Bley and Paul Haines 'Escalator Over The Hill'. A magical
excursion into two brilliant minds,spread over three LP vinyl
discs or two cds!

At the moment 660, the datsuns and steven van zandt.

Top Bottom