Portable speaker suggestion?

Jeffisme

Reaction score
I'm going to be traveling with a Risa uke and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a small portable speaker or amp to carry along with it, preferably one under a pound that I can hear without putting right up to my ear. I bought one from Brookstone last year and while I can hear it at full volume, it's still a strain to do so.

I tried an Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker today, and while it did produce a sound, it was the same problem: I could barely make out anything unless it was attached to my ear.

thanks for any info,

jeff

Don't know how small you are looking for, but my Roland AC-33 makes me super happy.

I'm going to be traveling with a Risa uke and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a small portable speaker or amp to carry along with it, preferably one under a pound that I can hear without putting right up to my ear. I bought one from Brookstone last year and while I can hear it at full volume, it's still a strain to do so.

I tried an Altec Lansing bluetooth speaker today, and while it did produce a sound, it was the same problem: I could barely make out anything unless it was attached to my ear.

thanks for any info,

jeff

With my RISA i use a couple of Joya amps I got on EBay. These amps are in the $10-15 range, battery powered and have MP3 plug-in capability for play-along. They work well enough for the money and are very convenient. The Joya JA-3 (the smaller) is earphone/headset only. There are various models (acoustic, lead, metal, etc.) and I've found that the acoustic works the best with my RISA. The Mini-Amp has earphone/headset output and a speaker. The projection is a little tinny, but loud enough for practice by oneself. It is not gig-able.

image.jpg

Top Bottom