who is your ukulele idol at the moment?

I agree, It is def not my kind of music either.
but as far as Hendrix goes, Jimi was a singer/songwriter and Jake is known mostly for playing Covers. He also dosen't sing. He is an amazing talent that does absolutely nothing for me personally. Certainly not a Hendrix in my book.
Jake has written tons of songs. And most of them are really pretty cool.

Sarah Maisel is the rising star player in my book. She's got the whole package...plays wonderfully, sings great, and delivers the goods on stage.

I went to the Ukelele fest of GB a few weeks back and saw Taimane play. I also did a workshop with her. She was awesome. Definitely the highlight despite Craig Chee, Sarah Maisel and Ukulele Uff and Lonesome Dave play.

Ryo Natoyama was good as well. Defo one to watch out for in the future. Plays a bit like Jake.

Sarah Maisel is the rising star player in my book. She's got the whole package...plays wonderfully, sings great, and delivers the goods on stage.

Yup, have to agree with Rick on this one.

For me, Sarah has great musicality and musicianship; entertains as well as plays at a virtuoso level and has a personality that enhances her overall performance. Of course, it helps that her chosen repertoire covers my favourite genre of music :)

UOGB, definitely.

At this very moment, it's Ian Emmerson:

In no order:

UOGB
James Hill
Sarah Maisel
Julia Nunes
oh, I guess Jake is up there too.

Me. But not now- I just got my first uke. Gimme' a year.
I'll get back to you. And I'll get back to me.

Favorite guitar players?- Jeff Beck
Ry Cooder
Me

Music I like: Instrumental Classical, Inst. Early Music, Inst.Celtic, Inst. Exotica, and Opeth (best band ever).

I'm only kind of kidding.

:)

Kurtulele.

Also- reverbnation.com/kurtkish

Kunia Galdeira. Nobody has ever heard of him, but he's probably the best player on Hawai'i Island. Saw him a couple of weeks ago and what he played blew my socks off. What a touch!

Corey, Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, Jake, Willie K....for starters....

I'm very new to all this, it's Jake at the moment and the The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britian.

Top Bottom