The Seasonista Anthem !

One more thing - be sure to listen with headphones or good speakers so you can hear the amazing bass work from we tiger Michael and Ukelite Steffen - along with Ralf's drums, they really tie the whole thing together, I think.

Just to repeat my request - is it ok to share widely? This is such an achievement, and so heartwarming! And I'd like to do a blog post on it.... ok Ginny and Bill?

I've got to say that my favorite moments from all of these clips can be found in Drew's (ukuloonie) submission. Visually striking (shirt + bedspread= bliss) but he rocks out the whole time - a small taste can be seen in the upper right corner during mattydee's mouth trumpet solo. I don't think anyone seemed to enjoy making their video more than Drew....

I felt quite emotional watching this! Best collaboration ever!
The other instruments added a really lovely touch and depth to the whole piece (Ralf - drums; Dave - kazoo; Saskia - glockenspiel; Geoff - recorder).

Three cheers to Bill and Ginny!
Absolutely amazing. :agree:

THANK YOU BILL AND GINNY! What an effort on everyone's' part, and what a great final product. These lyrics and tune make a great song for any uke club or ukulele flash mob to adopt. (I can hear it now in downtown Nashville, Indiana and at Frank's on Brambleton in Roanoke, VA)

I can only say that I am touched and honored to have been a part of something so moving. It really is an amazing accomplishment to get together from such amazing distances. Fantastic!!

It was great to be included in this project. I knew there would be some great contributions, but this was AMAZING. An outstanding technical achievement and a great concept. What a great way to promote the community as a whole. I was beaming the whole time!

I'm with you, Andrew. I have watched it many times and I see different things each time. Oh, look how's he's juxtaposed caukulele/Ray against Frisbee Fred/Audrey...that sort of thing. I also love that it ends with TCK in the lower right reaching to turn off the camera, just like everyone does at the end of a video.

There's richness of sound too...when Daveey's playing kazoo, you see him and hear it, but other instrumental support is happening without the visual clues.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: It's the only possible response to this! It sounds so professional and in lesser hands it could have sounded so dreadfully amateur! Eat your heart out "We are the World!" ;)

I've lost 21 lbs in weight since I recorded that. Any chance you can......... Oh ok then. ;-)
Thanks for a great job folks.

I've lost 21 lbs in weight since I recorded that. Any chance you can......... Oh ok then. ;-)
Thanks for a great job folks.

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm sorry that we don't have CGI capabilities to make everyone look better (and younger!) than we actually do.

I want to take this opportunity, Dave, to thank you for being the first person to submit a recording for the project.

Really, really, really, really cool!
Mahalo to all involved!
It was great to finally meet Mr. Skidoo in person last week at UWC!
Amazing job, and what a fun video!

100% agree. It's details like this that make it special.
One more thing - be sure to listen with headphones or good speakers so you can hear the amazing bass work from we tiger Michael and Ukelite Steffen - along with Ralf's drums, they really tie the whole thing together, I think.

THIS IS AMAZING!!!! Huge props to Bill! I can't conceive of the amount of work it must have taken him to put this all together. Let's all buy him a beer. Great thanks to Ginny for getting us all together. Wow! What fun! I love that we got Chrimess' knee in there. I look like a robot. I too love how TCK turns off the camera at the end. AND, I didn't expect drums! Nice touch Ralf!

I'm glad that you all liked my video, and thanks for the supporting harmonies. I'll always remember all of you, the little people who made this possi... Huh? What?

Oh, that was just a dream I guess.

What I meant to say was...

Thank you Ginny and Bill! I enjoyed every minute of it.

(I didn't even see myself in there until the third time I watched it - so many faces to look at!)

-Kurt​

Amazingly wonderful folks! Haven't seen such an extensive and well done UU collaboration in years.

Thanks! More please! :)

Top Bottom