Blackbird Clara Roadtrip

jluttwak

Reaction score
Hi UUers!

Our dealer MacNichol is sending a Clara Ukulele (pure acoustic - no pickup) on a Road Trip and I wanted to make sure you folks knew about it. Total cost is $35 and includes shipping to and from your house, as well as a new set of strings for once it arrives. Please note that this offer is valid only for shipping addresses to the continental US.

You will have the demo ukulele for one week. Please visit the below link and read the terms and pay the fee.

If you have not participated in a Road Trip before, you must use a PayPal account with a verified physical mailing address.

Blackbird Clara Ukulele Road Trip

After you sign up, we will put together a schedule and send to you via e-mail with an approximate arrival date. Soon after you receive the ukulele from FedEx, we'll send an email link to a FedEx label for you to print and ship to the next person.blackbird.clara.concert_web.jpg

Thanks for reading,
Joe

Last edited:
Wow, this is great. GREAT!!! I really want to try one. Actually, I really want to buy one, but I should try one first, right? Thank you so much for the good information!

The roadtrip concept is a really great way to get to know an instrument for a week and make sure it is a good fit. I look forward to hearing what you think!

I signed up. I actually ordered one to buy at one point and cancelled the order. This will be a chance to see it in person.

I signed up as well. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it out. Thank you for the promotion.

Oh dear... I wants to play one... But that's a lot of responsibility for what I consider an expensive instrument, there are other household members, pets and weird stuff to factor in there... A great concept for sure, and what an opportunity!

How could you insure the Clara safe in your keeping? Insurance of some kind? But for a week? No idea how that would be done.

Oh dear... I wants to play one... But that's a lot of responsibility for what I consider an expensive instrument, there are other household members, pets and weird stuff to factor in there... A great concept for sure, and what an opportunity!

How could you insure the Clara safe in your keeping? Insurance of some kind? But for a week? No idea how that would be done.

No one else is sweating those details, just do it Sounds like you really want to try it but might be a fraid you would fall in love with it ;)

I have to admit that I had images of a crushed ukulele going through my mind before I clicked that Paypal button. But, if I am going to try out one, I would rather try one built of carbon fiber. And, my other ukuleles have withstood my care.

We do this on my kick scooter forum on occasion. I have tried out a couple of fairly expensive scooters and ended up with one I probably would never would have had I not tried it out first.

Hi UUers!

Our dealer MacNichol is sending a Clara Ukulele (pure acoustic - no pickup) on a Road Trip and I wanted to make sure you folks knew about it. Total cost is $35 and includes shipping to and from your house, as well as a new set of strings for once it arrives. Please note that this offer is valid only for shipping addresses to the continental US.

You will have the demo ukulele for one week. Please visit the below link and read the terms and pay the fee.

If you have not participated in a Road Trip before, you must use a PayPal account with a verified physical mailing address.

Blackbird Clara Ukulele Road Trip

After you sign up, we will put together a schedule and send to you via e-mail with an approximate arrival date. Soon after you receive the ukulele from FedEx, we'll send an email link to a FedEx label for you to print and ship to the next person.View attachment 68048

Thanks for reading,
Joe

Thanks. This is great opportunity to try out a Black Bird Clara. Excellent idea.

I've owned a Clara since last December. It's very sturdy. It's made entirely of synthetic materials. The fretboard is made of Richlite; the body is Ekoa. The neck and body are one piece. The finish is satin. Personally, I wouldn't worry about keeping a Clara safe from wear or scuff marks. And by the way, it plays and sounds great. Projection is unbelievable.

Would you be willing to ship to Canada or is this roadtrip a CONUS deal? Love to try it...
Bill

Sounds like a fun deal. I'm willing to give it a shot and while I have the uke I hope to do a little presentation for my Ukulele meetup group.

Second to the idea of shipping to Canada. I would gladly pay to be included and get to try a Clara. I sent Joe a PM suggesting same and asking if there was a dealer in Canada that could perhaps facilitate a Canadian Road show. Food for thought but I 'd be in……. if possible.

Just a friendly warning from someone possessed by a Clara. If you play this ukulele you will not rest until you have one of your own.

"almost indestructible" aside, I had a chance to play this is an open area during a ukulele festival...it sounded great!!
Oh, I mean...guitarish sounding.

Second to the idea of shipping to Canada. I would gladly pay to be included and get to try a Clara. I sent Joe a PM suggesting same and asking if there was a dealer in Canada that could perhaps facilitate a Canadian Road show. Food for thought but I 'd be in……. if possible.

If Joe won't send it up north, most dealers have a 24 hour inspection period so you're only risk is shipping. True, it's a shorter test drive but as Peter suggests, you will most likely be smitten by the lovely Clara! She has many of us in her spell. Plus, you'll likely get to try it sooner.

I played the concert in Reno. Blackbird folks said a tenor is right around the corner. Is the road trip uke a concert or tenor? I signed up in either case.

Just a friendly warning from someone possessed by a Clara. If you play this ukulele you will not rest until you have one of your own.

I already want one and think it will be my forever ukulele. I need something wonderful and indestructible... I am trying to talk my hubby into a road trip to Atlanta to try one at Uke Republic... and then after a little arm twisting, perhaps a purchase.

Would you be willing to ship to Canada or is this roadtrip a CONUS deal? Love to try it...
Bill

Bill,

Sorry, but no. I've looked into it in the past, but getting the ukulele through Customs and back would be quite difficult and time-consuming, and the shipping costs would be higher. You may want to check with Blackbird to see whether they have any dealers in Canada.

Top Bottom