Fender electric ukulele

If you search the web for "half size" or "childrens" electric guitar, there are dozens of decent looking instruments for a lot less than $ 100, with 19" to 21" scale lengths. It would be easy to remove 2 tuners and blank the holes, fit & cut a new nut, and either modify the bridge, or replace it with one of the cheap and readily available "4 string electric mandolin" bridges. The bridge, at between $ 20 and $ 30 would be the most expensive part (apart from the guitar), but I reckon you could build something pretty good for $ 100.

If you search the web for "half size" or "childrens" electric guitar, there are dozens of decent looking instruments for a lot less than $ 100, with 19" to 21" scale lengths. It would be easy to remove 2 tuners and blank the holes, fit & cut a new nut, and either modify the bridge, or replace it with one of the cheap and readily available "4 string electric mandolin" bridges. The bridge, at between $ 20 and $ 30 would be the most expensive part (apart from the guitar), but I reckon you could build something pretty good for $ 100.

Seems like it could be interesting wiht one of the rondo music child guitars:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product6392.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/shark.html

I assume a bass bridge would do the trick.

That shark is fecking* awesome! Imagine turning up at a beach party with that and a battery amp!

* Not a swear word. It's Irish.

I think it's pretty disappointing, myself. If they're going to do this, I would hope they'd make it like a legit mini strat - steel strings, decent pickups, etc. We've got enough piezos to go around... *sigh*

...Agreed...

That shark is fecking* awesome! Imagine turning up at a beach party with that and a battery amp!

a gfs lil killer humbucking bar pickup should do the trick nicely on this. sad it only has one knob but I guess you could put in a concentric volume/tone knob, or perhaps its trivial to drill in a tone knob.

Since it costs more than an American Standard Fender Standard Stratocaster guitar, someone at Fender has smoked more dope than a large elephant could ever withstand without dying. Ric

Lol !! Hard to believe the prices they get for those in Japan. It must be a brand label thing. If it has the "Fender" decal on it, charge 4x the price. I'd consider buying one for 200 bucks.

I've been looking for a telecaster, and a high end 1952 re-issue Japanese model is the same price as this Fender uke. Go figure.

Last edited:
I've been looking for a telecaster, and a high end 1952 re-issue Japanese model is the same price as this Fender uke. Go figure.

Hmm, shiny Tele or naff and ugly uke-type thing? Ok, I'll take the Tele please :)

The price was the main thing that made me think "fake". I seriously don't know how they can sleep at night, charging that much for what is, basically, a 4 string child's guitar.

I'd love to see and hear the Tele, when and if you get one. I hear good things about the Mexican ones as well. I've been looking at the Squier Vintage Modified Cabronita:

http://www.fender.com/en-GB/guitars...cabronita-telecaster-maple-fingerboard-black/

I'd love to see and hear the Tele, when and if you get one. I hear good things about the Mexican ones as well. I've been looking at the Squier Vintage Modified Cabronita:

That Cabronita looks sweet. I've been looking at the TL52-SPL. Here's a sample of the sounds. It still has some of the twang, but has some good crunch too.

Fender could sell me a uke if they shrunk a surf green Jazzmaster down to uke size and made it in the US.

That neck humbucker sounds incredible. Nothing on the planet sound like a good Tele, but you have to get one with a humbucker in the neck (IMHO). I was never keen on the deluxe though, the humbucker in the bridge never really did it for me, and we must've had 20+ through the store over the years.

That Cabronita looks sweet. I've been looking at the TL52-SPL. Here's a sample of the sounds. It still has some of the twang, but has some good crunch too.

thats the keith richards 5 string?
if so pretty cool, really like the sound and concept.
Apparently ernie ball sold 5 string guitar strings at one point
not sure if its still made now though.

I think it's pretty disappointing, myself. If they're going to do this, I would hope they'd make it like a legit mini strat - steel strings, decent pickups, etc. We've got enough piezos to go around... *sigh*

if they made a mini tele or strat 4 string electric ukulele designed as a electric tenor
but with the exact specs as a strat or tele it would be the best uke.

I love my konablaster because it actually sounds like a fender and feels like one too
but i would love to have the real deal.

Top Bottom