Wine Country Uke Fest

dogstayplay

Reaction score
So... I have been trying to go to the wine country uke fest web site this past week and it brings me to the Go Daddy site and says the domain is available.... Is this some weird glitch in my computer? Or did they not renew their domain name? Did they change it and I am the last to know? Is it cancelled??? I had such a great time the last time I went...
If anyone has the scoop please fill me in!
Thanks,
ME

It says the domain name expired on 6/24/14 and is pending renewal. Could be one of those "slip through the cracks" things, and it will come back soon.

Haven't really heard much about it and hopefully Elaine will update when she has a chance. You can also visit the Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival FB page to check updates. It's usually held the first weekend in September.

Sorry, everyone! For those who are interested, there was indeed a screw-up with the automatic renewal of the domain name and it occurred, of course, while I was in the UK at the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain! So I wasn't aware of it until I returned. Anyway, it's fixed now. We're still putting the finishing touches on the workshop schedule, but as soon as we do we'll be opening up registration. In the meantime, mark your calendars: Sept 5, 6, & 7. This year we'll be kicking the festival off on Friday night with a picnic (and possible open mic) at the gazebo in Lyman Park. Workshops, etc. will be, as in the past, at the Upper Valley Campus of Napa Valley College in St. Helena. But on Saturday night we're going to do something a little different and hold a festival-wide jam right at the college....with a taco bar! And Sunday is Aloha Day! I'll keep adding information to the website as it comes together. So, the best way to stay in the loop is to "like" our Facebook Page and/or "subscribe" to the website.

Except for the heat, I had a great time last year. (We added an extra week to a trip we made to attend a wedding.) Unfortunately, I can't make it this year, as no one in the family is getting married. (And I don't have the time to take off from work...)

I intend to make it back again, one day. Especially that now I know who many of those people I was jamming with are. (I don't watch TV, so I had no idea who Heidi was - I knew Sarah and Craig from UU.)

-Kurt​

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I won't be teaching there this year. But I hope that those who do make it have a great festival. It is always superbly organised, really friendly, and offers tons of excellent workshops.

Unfortunately, I won't be teaching there this year. But I hope that those who do make it have a great festival. It is always superbly organised, really friendly, and offers tons of excellent workshops.

Elaines events are always first class, but you will be missed !!!!

Top Bottom