Anyone going to the Ukulele Festival in Oahu in a few weeks?

looking forward to meeting you again, Greenie!

I'm planning on bringing a few pre-production STRUM Songbooks for our UU Jam behind (?) the HMS tent.
bring a chair and music stand and join in. I gave a copy to 'Pops' Okami at Koaloha yesterday. Mark was giving
a production meeting, so Paul did the honors re: my factory tour. Very interesting! (Thanks again, Paul!)

I just signed up for the 1-4p uke class with Kimo Hussey, Fri the 18th. Anyone else registered?

keep uke'in',

I just signed up for the 1-4p uke class with Kimo Hussey, Fri the 18th. Anyone else registered?

keep uke'in',

Hey Uncle Rod - I did not hear about this class. I won't be there until later Friday, but are there other classes?

Mahalo in advance.

Another food idea is the Farmer's Market at Kapiolani Community College on Saturday's. Come early. Healthy local grown food. The city buses go there.

i just spent the afternoon & evening w/mmstan. Stan would like to invite any UUers to his place after the Festival to continue the UU Kanikapila/Jam. Stan is in pain and will probably not joining us at the Festival on Sunday the 20th, but he'd love seeing and playing with us at his place. he has quite a stable of ukes for us to see and play! hope some of you will plan on joining us.

ps: let stan know when you're in town... we might be able to meet up for a meal, esp if you are able to pick him up (along with his portable wheel chair),

pps: I'm still planning on being at the free ukulele lessons at the Royal Hawaiian Center Food Court, 10-11a, Tues thru Fri. let's meet & greet & eat! : )

Had a nice time with Uncle Rod Higuchi at Auntie Wainani's uke class at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping center today....then a nice lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.....

I got MM Stan to make it out and Utako a Canadian friend who is here for the Festival....good food and good fun....:)

it is going to be great weather....clear and sunny with nice tradewinds....but the surf is building so parking will be tough at Kapiolani Park....get there early if you are driving...

Last edited:
Waikiki weather forecast from Weather Underground as of this morning. Uhg.

Sunday 80% Precip.
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. High 82F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Sunday Night 80% Precip.
Scattered thunderstorms during the evening becoming more widespread overnight. Low 74F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Thanks Chuck for the update....
I just checked Weather Undergroud...looks like a good site to check weather around the world.....

hope we get lucky and the rain holds until after the festival....crossed fingers...:)

hope to meet your Tahitian friends....

Well, weather.com has only a 10%. Honestly, I have found Weather Underground to be more accurate, but I hope it's wrong this time.

I'll bring a raincoat, and a smile, and a ukulele!

Waikiki weather forecast from Weather Underground as of this morning. Uhg.

Sunday 80% Precip.
Scattered thunderstorms in the morning, then mainly cloudy during the afternoon with thunderstorms likely. High 82F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
Sunday Night 80% Precip.
Scattered thunderstorms during the evening becoming more widespread overnight. Low 74F. Winds ENE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Chuck, are you going to be at the festival on Sunday?

anybody got one of those portable canopys? we will need some cover/protection (if it rains, and even from the sun) for our informal UU Jam at/behind the HMS tent.

we got an extra tent behind our tent this year. So feel free to congregate and have fun.
My wife ordered it so our son with autism can have room to jump and flap his hands in celebration. I'm sure no one will mind this. I always look at him and think, geez, he has more fun than anyone. It's quite infectious though, I'm sure you won't mind, stop on by and feel free to use the cover behind to stay dry and make some music.

Wow, Mahalos, Brah!

HMS is 'Full-Service', no?

I'm planning on visiting HMS today, w/a visitor from Canada, Utako.
We were invited by Hawaii 50 as he mans the store w/Corey : )

See you later, after the Free Uke Lessons at the Royal Hawaiian Center, 10-11a (Food Court).
Any UUers out there, come and join us!

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom