Saddle lifting.

Not a good way to string that bridge. The OP has it correct (except that its the bridge lifting, and not the saddle, as mentioned already). Personally, I run one string to the next, instead of all the way through multiple strings.

What's the issue with it? And what are the disadvantages? Genuine question. I'm not particularly clued up on these things and it seemed like a sensible way to do it.

i have the same style bridge on my lanikai tenor, it gives you the option to re-string using both the holes if you wanna do that, or you can do it the old fashioned way, and just use the one hole (RHS of each pair on my lanikai), that leads the string down from the neck in a perfectly straight line ie. you can just ignore the extra holes

Well , provided you don't actually tie yourself to the ukulele there is no real wrong way to do it....not really ...a knot is a knot !!!

What's the issue with it? And what are the disadvantages? Genuine question. I'm not particularly clued up on these things and it seemed like a sensible way to do it.

Simply, you're two holes will eventually become one, at least at the tied off end.

Top Bottom