FS: Kamoa Kauai built tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I am thinning the herd of ukes in my stable. I purchased this Kauai built Kamoa tenor -- but I generally play my KoAloha and it is just sitting on my wall right now (along with the other ukes I am contemplating selling or donating).

It is a lovely uke, with blonde curly koa and a satin finish.

This is the original thread (with photos) from when I bought it in 2012:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...i-Built-koa-tenor&highlight=kamoa+kauai+built

I am not looking to make a bunch of money off this sale, but also don't want to get nothing for it, as I paid over 1K for it new. It is in great shape - though I did have a strap button added to the bottom of the uke.

I would probably be looking to get $400 locally in Southern California or $450 if I need to ship it (that would include the shipping costs that I would pay -- anything less than $50 would be refunded back to the buyer). The Kamoa gig bag is included whether delivered locally or shipped, but if I ship it, I will send it in a foam case to the buyer.

Pics below:

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 111
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 90
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 78
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I shipped my KoAloha tenor sans case back to KoAloha for warranty work recently. Twenty-eight dollars via USPS Standard Post. They estimated ten days but it got there in four. UPS cost would have been around sixty dollars.

ps I still have the Amertage Gold case that you kept one your Pineapple Sundays in. My KoAloha Super Concert is a snug fit lengthwise but it works. Just have to be careful with the in and out bit.

Jude

I shipped my KoAloha tenor sans case back to KoAloha for warranty work recently. Twenty-eight dollars via USPS Standard Post. They estimated ten days but it got there in four. UPS cost would have been around sixty dollars.

ps I still have the Amertage Gold case that you kept one your Pineapple Sundays in. My KoAloha Super Concert is a snug fit lengthwise but it works. Just have to be careful with the in and out bit.

Jude

Thanks Jude, good to know. The last time I shipped a uke it cost me about $80. If I end up selling it to someone with shipping I will lower the cost down.

sometimes when you send your uke standard post it will take 10 days and depending were it is going could spend time in a trailer....but sometime quicker...not always though

i would send it priority mail might be between $50.00-$60.00 and take 3-4 days....it will most likely be sent by air..

mu 2 cents

Beautiful uke, Staci, and a very nice deal for someone. I remember when you got it. It's difficult to move them on, but when they're not being played, it makes the most sense. You may inspire me to do the same.

Despite my feelings about Kamoa as a company, I honestly think you're underpricing this uke. I'd have thought somewhere around the 650-700 mark would be fair.

Despite my feelings about Kamoa as a company, I honestly think you're underpricing this uke. I'd have thought somewhere around the 650-700 mark would be fair.

I agree that price would be a good value but I am not kidding myself - I know Kamoa does not have the fan base and demand that other ukes do. My Pineapple Sunday sold in about 24 hours with a backup offer. This one is less likely to have the same built in demand, hence it is priced to sell.

Plus, to be fair, I think they are overpriced new at over $1k. They are very nice ukes, but no, they are not the same as my K brand ukes. It is, however, the sound equal of the Kala/Oscar Schmidt ukes I have played - with beautiful curly koa and a nice satin finish. So I figure $400 is a very fair price for it. And it is made in Hawaii to boot.

It has a connection to my favorite place so I don't mind if I am not able to sell it. I listed/sold/gave away four ukes I play less often this weekend and this happens to be one of them. If I did not have my ukes I am keeping, I would never have tried to sell it. But to be truthful, I would not play it over my KoAloha -- it does not compete with it -- so I figure for someone that does not have a Hawaiian made curly koa uke, this could be a reasonably priced way to get one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom