Bob Dylan's Vintage Gibby on eBay

Time to post my vintage uke that Buzz Aldrin took with him to the moon, I think $35,000 should be a good price to start the bidding at. Comes with a 1 gram baggy of moon dirt. No case included.

Nice! not a bad price for a 'real' moon uke i'll take your word for it.
Who should i make the check out too?

I just offered $100 USD to them. I know they won't take it, but I really want to hear their righteous indignation at that low of an offer.

:rolleyes:

I just offered $100 USD to them. I know they won't take it, but I really want to hear their righteous indignation at that low of an offer.

:rolleyes:

The reply:

Thanks for your offer, but even a much later el cheapo Gibson Uke in poor condition should sell for $695.00. This is a very fine 1920's Gibson model 2 with the Dylan connection. Please try again with something that is reasonable.

I was inspired by you, Uncle Moon. Good idea to offer and scope it out.

I offered $7500. I figured that it's $8.5k less than asking, so I can see what they come back with, what they might be thinking. Then I get an eBay email with an invoice saying they accepted it. Now what do I do? I've never tried this offer thing. Do I counteroffer now? Please advise.

(J/k. ;))

Last edited:
I was inspired by you, Uncle Moon. Good idea to offer and scope it out.

I offered $7500. I figured that it's $8.5k less than asking, so I can see what they come back with, what they might be thinking. Then I get an eBay email with an invoice saying they accepted it. Now what do I do? I've never tried this offer thing. Do I counteroffer now? Please advise.

(J/k. ;))

I think I just tooted a little. You scared the crap outta me.

I did some research on the internet and it might be the same uke that Arlo Guthrie traded to Bob Dylan for a harmonica.

If they can't include a $50 case with a $16K asking price then I refuse to bid! Even with all the grunge still intact! (I wonder if you could get DNA from the grunge and if Dylan would let the buyer have an official cheek swab?).

I wonder if you could get DNA from the grunge and if Dylan would let the buyer have an official cheek swab?.

Or just "Jurrassic-park" the DNA and clone another Dylan and send him on tour endlessly to sing "Blowin' In The Wind" at every two-bit stage between here and Poughkeepsie, every bat mitzvah and shotgun wedding, every strip club; keep all the earnings but pay Bob-Dylan-once-removed in fast food and gasoline for his Chevy Astro touring van. God, that'd be rich if we could get his cells off the ukulele schmutz.

It looks like it ended before it sold. I did some quick research on the internet and I could not find a picture or a video of Bob Dylan playing a ukulele. Are we assuming that he even owned a uke?

Top Bottom