Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: James Hill - Cherry Picking / Cheri Picking

Don't want to belabor the point, but I guess I am going to anyway: In the first video posted in this thread, Tobias says that the technique is like the triple strum and he leads with his index. I would guess that if I watched a number of cherry picking videos closely, I would see it sometimes being started with the thumb and sometimes the index as xyz explained. I only bring it up because I have been practicing the technique since I first read this thread. I am not ready for prime time with it but am slowly training the fingers.
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

In "Miriam" (see the tab here : http://theukulelereview.com/sheet-mu...ental-ukulele/) Tobias starts mostly with the thumb. The more I play Miriam & Smash the window the more I feel it's really different in sound & beat than from starting with the index. But perhaps he mixes both sometime...

I'm rewriting my tab of somebody to love using index down, thumb down, index up (even for picking). I tried thumb down, index up, index down... it becomes twice harder to play... and has a very different feel. I'm not decided yet on which one I'll settle.

I'll be tabing St Anne's reel in december, keep you posted here when done and I have James Hill OK to make it public. We'll see how James Hill goes around high rhythmic complexity with this technique as St Anne's reel seems harder to play than smashing the window...

xyz,

Thanks for plugging ahead. I think there is a lot of interest in this technique, judging by the number of views of your thread.

Thanks,
    Doug
    I am the best ukulele player on my block!

That's why I created this thread, to put the technique on the map and have people share their thoughts about it. I'm glad their is interest on it.

Xyz,

Did you complet the tabing of St Anne's reel?

Thanks

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Jackwees View Post
    Did you complet the tabing of St Anne's reel?
    Wife got pregnant.. twins... spare time reduced next to zero... one day perhaps...

It seems I was the only one left tabbing artists performances... I'm sad nobody took the succession...

Thread Information