Rope Purfling Mainland Ukulele

I'm sure he will.
Thank you all for your help, its a real pleasure to have so maby people in one place that are passionate about ukuleles :)

I'm sorry, I'm new to ukuleles. What is Rope Purfling? Could someone post a picture?

Alternating black/white (usually) coloring that creates the appearance of rope. On the side, it's binding; on the top, it's purfling.

detail6.jpg

Edit to add: That's not a picture of a Mainland (since that was the original topic of this thread), but a very nice example of rope purfling.

Alternating black/white (usually) coloring that creates the appearance of rope. On the side, it's binding; on the top, it's purfling.

detail6.jpg

Edit to add: That's not a picture of a Mainland (since that was the original topic of this thread), but a very nice example of rope purfling.

Thank you Rich. I'm particularly interested in Mainland ukes and am thinking that I might some day replace the one that I have with a Mainland. I saw a couple at the ukulele festival I was at last weekend, and they looked pretty nice.

Thank you Rich. I'm particularly interested in Mainland ukes and am thinking that I might some day replace the one that I have with a Mainland. I saw a couple at the ukulele festival I was at last weekend, and they looked pretty nice.

I have two (and I used to have 3!) and they are very nice.

I've owned three, and they have all had slight imperfection in the rope binding.
...Figured it was acceptable at that price point.
OTOH I had a similarly priced Kala Acacia with a more intricate herringbone pattern that was surprisingly perfect.

Top Bottom