Oasis GPX clear FLuorocarbon Ukulele strings with low g tuning on Concert

ohmless

Reaction score
I don't have a top end instrument(only a Cordoba 15cm laminate) to do a full comparison nor do I have other low g strings to compare these to.

Method: Fully used aquila strings that were still tunable with about 2 months use on them were swapped out with the low g oasis fluorocarbon strings for two months and then swapped back for a week to a fresh pair of aquila standards to get another fresh comparison in memory.

Results: I was impressed with the ease the strings were to put on the instrument(I had some ugly string incidents with a guitar I used to have) with it having a wire wound low g string. It was also nice to have enough string in the one package for two stringings offering a great value. I enjoyed the extended range the instrument had. They had clearly more tension than the aquila strings but were still adequately comfortable. They came to settle in after a couple days so comparable to aquilas. I had a bad habit surface for me that I didn't notice on the standard tunings in that my barre finger would not press as firmly on the G string(might be from the added tension though this string was not nearly as "cutting" feeling as the other strings). I hope I have improved my barring with this experiment. After three months of moderate(mostly daily use for less than a half hour) playing, there was no wear apparent on the C, E and A strings and only light wear on the wire where it contacted the fret wires on a couple spots. My fingernail doesn't look too messed up from strumming with the wire string either.

Conclusion: Enjoyed having the low g strings for a while but I need the brighter tone from having a standard tuning due to my disabling depression. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these strings to someone in the market for a low g string as they are not only a great value but also very durable. I also leave it to more experienced ears, and people with more and better ukuleles around for instant side by side comparisons with other low g strings.

BTW the strings were provided for demo gratis by ukenomics.com

I followed them on facebook to enter a contest.

I am not playing a top end instrument so your review is quite helpful.

Interesting observation about the low g and depression. I tend to play a lot of slow and sad songs and have wondered about trying out low g.

I don't have a top end instrument(only a Cordoba 15cm laminate) to do a full comparison nor do I have other low g strings to compare these to.

Method: Fully used aquila strings that were still tunable with about 2 months use on them were swapped out with the low g oasis fluorocarbon strings for two months and then swapped back for a week to a fresh pair of aquila standards to get another fresh comparison in memory.

Results: I was impressed with the ease the strings were to put on the instrument(I had some ugly string incidents with a guitar I used to have) with it having a wire wound low g string. It was also nice to have enough string in the one package for two stringings offering a great value. I enjoyed the extended range the instrument had. They had clearly more tension than the aquila strings but were still adequately comfortable. They came to settle in after a couple days so comparable to aquilas. I had a bad habit surface for me that I didn't notice on the standard tunings in that my barre finger would not press as firmly on the G string(might be from the added tension though this string was not nearly as "cutting" feeling as the other strings). I hope I have improved my barring with this experiment. After three months of moderate(mostly daily use for less than a half hour) playing, there was no wear apparent on the C, E and A strings and only light wear on the wire where it contacted the fret wires on a couple spots. My fingernail doesn't look too messed up from strumming with the wire string either.

Conclusion: Enjoyed having the low g strings for a while but I need the brighter tone from having a standard tuning due to my disabling depression. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these strings to someone in the market for a low g string as they are not only a great value but also very durable. I also leave it to more experienced ears, and people with more and better ukuleles around for instant side by side comparisons with other low g strings.

i play an amahi snail tenor uke which came with aquila nylguts.
I switched them out for oasis 'warm' i found the tension was dangerously high
and i actually popped one of the strings (the G) upon tuning. Lucky them come as two sets.
The gauge was so tense it actually made my uke sound like a soprano. The whole time i was
looking for a mellow/warm tone and this was quite the opposite. The guy from oasis was kind
enough to answer my email and send me a replacement set with low G (as my request)
he believes i purchased a dud pack with the incorrect gauges. Will see what happens never
tried low G, so hopefully these work out.

I put the low g warm oasis on
my soprano last night and believe it or not
I really like how they feel and sound on that little uke.
on my tenor I wasn't keen on the tension of the high g warms
I may give these low g ones a shot on my tenor but not sure
I can say however their great on my soprano have it a nice mellow tone
while still allowing it to have it's classic voice.

Top Bottom