Just bought my first uke!!!...

Kurt999

Reaction score
With the help of a very friendly chap at Southern Ukulele Centre. I had an idea of what i wanted having lurked here for a while and I ended up taking away a Pono concert deluxe in acacia. The fit and finish is flawless and she sounds beautiful (in the right hands!!). It made the 3 hour each way drive worthwhile!

And a big thumbs up for the shop, unlike another in London that I visited, where I was made to feel like a nuisance.

I would like to have made this post longer but I have to go and practice strumming patterns and teach my fretting fingers that this isn't a bass or a guitar!!!

😀

That's great news, Kurt! Welcome to the UU, and welcome to the Pono world! I have the same uke, and it's super. Have fun and tell your fingers it's a whole new game now.

Have only heard good things about Southern Ukulele, including their online sales. Congrats on getting an awesome starter uke. Should hold you in good stead for a long time. I have the mahogany version and it's my "go to" uke. Google "ukulele for guitar players" for some good reading.

A Pono is an awesome ukulele overall. Great for beginners and advanced players. Awesome choice!

Last edited:
I love my Pono! Congratulations on your new ukulele.

Hey congrats! Pono's can sound very sweet indeed. I just acquired another last week. Nice way to start the ball rolling. :cool:

Enjoy...looks a treat ....bit pricey for me but that's just Ole Mr Green talking :biglaugh:...you nail it , have fun.

Sounds like your lurking and research really paid off - a great store and a great instrument!!!

Congratulations! Glad you found a compassionate and honest dealer!

Congratulations!!! Glad you found your baby!!!
Any pictures?

Thanks all!! Pics to follow soon, just having a few IT issues at the moment though...besides I'm having too much fun playing my Uke to bother sorting out my lazy good for nuthin' PC lols

Top Bottom