Hi Everyone!

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just saying "hello" as a new member of the forum. I love my Ukuleles, and have played them off and on for years. I just got back to them last week, and have discovered the virtual explosion of Uke resources online. This forum, and other sites I've seen are amazing. So much help, tunes, products, and just plain fun. I spent years playing my tenor and 6 string using a pick, and playing a sort of modified finger picking style, picking melodies and filling in arpeggiated chords. I got pretty good at it. But I never got into strumming. Funny, huh? Anyway, I want to get into strumming now, and for some reason I've lost interest in the way I used to play. So, it's new again for me! I have 5 Kamakas, a vintage Gibson Banjo Uke, a plastic Uke for the bathtub, a Yamaha Guitalele, and I've just ordered a Lanikai Concert Banjolele. I wanted a playable Banjo Uke, the old Gibson's neck is just too narrow for my big hands. I look forward to participating with you all. Aloha!

Last edited:
Hello George,

Sounds like you have some nice instruments. Fancy strumming is also something that got me going again with ukuleles. I like the idea that there is much more out there than I could ever learn in a lifetime.

Welcome aboard,

Doug

Hola from Arizona! Welcome!

Benvinguts (welcome) George from Catalonia!

Greetings and welcome. You have something in common with BB King. He didn't learn chords until his mid-40's.

Well, the chords I knew, or know, I would finger the chords while using the pick and finding the melody notes. It's the strumming that I never got into. I probably should have mentioned that I have a musical background, conservatory, the NORAD Air Force Band, etc. So, I do have a leg up, so to speak. Hey, thanks for all the great responses. You guys are the best!

Welcome to UU!

From Sunny Singapore

Top Bottom