triplets

Thanks! Clearly explained and a nice little lesson.

Thanks! Nice little lesson and good to show it in context.

Petey

thanks Petey
I really love your playing I often watch your vids and I love the Martin reviews - you must own about every model ever made by martin. I have a 50's style O and I love it

more triplets

this is another song of mine with triplets in so you can see a practical application of them. the triplets are in about the middle of song I have posted this vid before

thanks Petey
I really love your playing I often watch your vids and I love the Martin reviews - you must own about every model ever made by martin. I have a 50's style O and I love it

Thanks Trevor,

My simple philosophy is that I'm in a constant learning mode no matter how far I've progressed on the uke... I'm always surprised by a new trick, technique or tip I can pick up from anyone. Always something to learn. That's why I share my chord tips to help others struggling with difficult chords. The triplet on the uke fascinates me. It runs the gambit from the Formby technique to all those cooleroo Spanish/Flamenco techniques.

Jake S. did your triplet on his video "GO UKULELE" DVD that I bought. I like how you showed it in context. :cool:

As for my Martin reviews, I'm currently working on my 3 Tenors review (T1K, style 2, 2K). Trying to add interesting pieces to play, then arrange and learn them takes time. Though, one guy on the UU forum said I should just stop typing (messages) and get my review done! LOL That made me laugh out loud because he's right!!! It's just tenors are more difficult to play for me.

I have bought most of the new Martins except for the C1K, 3k, 5k and 1T IZ. I've never bought a vintage one. Seen one in a good guitar store but it seemed untuneable. The new 3 cherry Martin will always be my fav. uke of choice!

Petey

ps: I will check out your other vids now.

Is this any different from index down, thumb down, thumb up?

I enjoy your vids and i have to look at those hard chord vids always looking for help with them. I was going to buy a cherry style 3 earlier in the year then my 50's style o turned up so i got that instead but maybe one day i will get one. They do look and sound good i played an sO martin for a little while but didnt like it i dont think they sound as good as the USA made ones. He mentioned you like new techniques try this in the video. Opps no please dont with your beautiful martins

Yes slightly but whatever way works for you do. I play a few different versions of triplets but the index downthunb and finger up is my fav

I enjoy your vids and i have to look at those hard chord vids always looking for help with them. I was going to buy a cherry style 3 earlier in the year then my 50's style o turned up so i got that instead but maybe one day i will get one. They do look and sound good i played an sO martin for a little while but didnt like it i dont think they sound as good as the USA made ones. He mentioned you like new techniques try this in the video. Opps no please dont with your beautiful martins

That was great! I'm no percussionist so it's somewhat daunting for me. hehe The 3 cherry is my fav soprano uke, but only after returning the unhappy first one to get a second new one. Wood is so fickle. :cool: Probably best to stick to your 50s style O unless you can try a 3 cherry in person Down Under. I still have my S-O and it was the starting point for me going down the road of the new Martins. The S1 is a way better starting uke (doubt they make the S-O anymore). I think the new style 2 soprano (mahogany) made in the USA is the best all around new Martin uke (better than the 2k). That is my personal opinion. That's my main go to uke. You would never want an S1 again after having played the style 2. I gave my S1 away to a friend. The 3 cherry is for more refined stuff and high-end players.

Don't worry, I won't bang up my new Martins as congas, but I did invent a bit of an Indian pseudo-tabla technique on my old Brüko in a video called "Sitar Lights" a few years back. I still like it!

Petey

Last edited:
Great song Peter I love it when uke players step out of the uke song norms. Thats why I play mainly original songs and most of what I write is different from standard uke songs. Nothing against traditional songs and playing I love folk blues and jazz standards on uke too but some many people already doing that and a lot of them far better at it than me. And I love writing songs I need that creative outlet and you never know I might actually get good at it one day haa ha

Top Bottom