Going into surgery tomorrow... Can you play a tune for me?

I played "Son of a son of a sailor" by Jimmy Buffett, because it reminded me of my dad, who I lost to cancer a dozen years ago. He didn't even know he had it til it was too late. I'm glad to hear you're getting in front of it.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery friend.

Best of luck, Ivan.

I don't know what I will play, but I will play it for you as soon as I get homw from work tomorrow.

-Kurt​

Freeda,

Thank you so much, I'm truly touched by your beautiful song. It gives me strength and hope!

I tried to send you this pm but looks like your inbox is full.

Loved it!

By any chance do you have a song sheet for it, would love to do that one next when I return to music.

I can't thank you enough. The response to my request here and in fb has been wonderful. But your song and video tops the list!

Thank you so much!

Aloha,
Ivan

I'm so glad you like it. The song is here: http://afreedbeing.blogspot.com/2014/04/affirm-song-with-chords.html

You might also like this one:http://afreedbeing.blogspot.com/2014/04/let-go.html

Thanks Freeda, I saved the link and will check them out. When I return home....

Thanks again for your wonderful video!

Aloha,
Ivan

John King's arrangement of Ka Ipo Le Manu because it's like Bach and Aldrine's arrangement of Imagine, because . . .

Peace be with you Ivan!

Here's an old video of me working on the first two sections of the piece.

Last edited:
Dear Ivan, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I played Just a Closer Walk, a song that I always find comforting. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I always look forward to your posts, they are kind, encouraging and insightful. thank you

Hello, Ivan - you'll be reading this when you're through the surgery and back in your room. I played Let It Be and one of my all-time happy songs, 26 Miles. As I played, I thought of my friend Bonnie, who was diagnosed with a carcinoid lung tumor when she was about 50, began running as part of her recovery, and is now a marathoner (at the age of 61!). We call her "One-lung Bon".

I just played David Beckingham's arrangement of If I Had You.

Good luck with your recovery! I just had surgery last Thursday and am recovering myself... I'm sending you healing thoughts. Keep positive and you'll do great! :) :) :)

Hey Ivan, here's wishing you a speedy recovery! I haven't dug out the uke in a about 3wks but I'll break it out tonight. If you hear something like two cats fighting from the hospital room, that's probably me singing! haha!

Keep well and rest up bud!

Aloha!
C.

Top Bottom