Yes!!!! I slayed the. $&@# that cancer Dragon!!!

祝你早日康复!(Wishing you a speedy recovery). keep smiling and strumming ~ we're proud of you!

One last public service anouncement to all my uu friends... Gotta laugh at the irony as it also the acronym for PSA the test that diagnosed my cancer!

I think you all gave me the strength and love I did not realize was in me. My request for a song and for you guys to reflect on other victims of this nasty dragon, really made me super strong as I waited to be cut, and as I lay here in bed dealing with the first steps of getting back to a full life!!! And the proof is that here I and in a hospital bed browsing through your wonderful comments and sending my love your way as well.

Thank you one and all!!!! I will never forget this. It made the day before surgery a lot less stressful!

And to everyone out there, please please PLEASE, get checked out yearly, doing this saved my life and it may save yours.

I had a high psa 3.5 and my doc always said if it went up to 4 we needed to follow up, sure enough this year it went up to 4.8 and sure enough the biopsy was,positive.

Being the bulldog that I and I thought of ignoring this Waiting for no more than 3 Seconds. Then decided to face this dragon face to face.

You see I've seen the result when it is not caught early enough, and that I'm not so sure I could handle...

Once it gets out from a confined area such as the prostate or a breast etc, it will Indeed become a real dragon and set fire to every cell it can....

So this is why I'm so upbeat, and feel so strong thanks to all the Incredible support. I slay the dragon before it got out of its cave

Also, I had second thought about posting more stupid fb drama but then I realized fb and UU was the best way to reach out for a bit of support from my friends. And then it expanded into a personal calling to spread the word...

Once I recover, I plan to volunteer with the Uke at a cancer center or a hospice. After all I'm now a cancer survivor yeah!!!!

By the way the surgery went very well and the prognosis looks excellent!

LOVE, PEACE AND UKULELE!!! ❤️

Good one Ivan! I knew you could do it man,just keep cheerful
and keep on (as soon as you can) playing your ukulele!

Even thought I had an amazing surgery and first day of recovery, I'm up this early because I only managed a 90 min nap. Even with morphine in my system.

One side effect of the catheter is having the constant feeling of having to pee, and it is more annoying than you could ever imagine. Hopefully that will subside soon, as it I'll he in place for about 10 days! That when the abdomen feels like I did 1000 sit-ups on the first day of a workout. Imagine these two scenarios and you can get the idea...��

Other than that while this is not a pinic by any means, I consider myself extremely lucky and grateful����

Got a fresh shot of morphine and hope to be able to sle another hour or two.

Wishing you all a happy and beautiful day!

For me it's my first real day as a cancer survivor. I will get a final report in a few weeks of the severity of the cancer but so far it looks like this nasty dragon left no babies behind it was all contained!!!!!

Thanks Lesley, yes when I came up with the idea of asking my Uke friends to play a song for me, I realized, how just about everyone one can come across has been touched by this dragon called cancer, in one way or another.

So my initial "selfish" idea turned into a moment of reflection, unity and love for all of us as you and others not only gave me such strength to go into battle but also gave you all the opportunity to reflect and remember those loved ones that we have seen suffer or worse. That became the true magic of my initial humble request for support and comfort. It became an expression of love about all of us about humanity, not just me.

The responses, and beautiful songs, and sharing of personal experiences helped me so much, and truly created a thread around the globe of Love Peace and Ukulele. And for me, that was the best gift of all!!! :shaka::cheers:

Until this year I too was touched though my dad's battle with cancer which eventually took him to my dear sister in law who is still fighting 4 years later. Unfortunately hers was found after it had started expanding... Which is the reason I decided on surgery for me to kick its butt out of town ASAP!

I saw you fb post yesterday and sang and played, thought of you and all the family I've lost to cancer, and my friends who have beaten it... thanks for the updates and I'm so pleased the op went well! Yay!

Last edited:
By the way the surgery went very well and the prognosis looks excellent!

LOVE, PEACE AND UKULELE!!! ❤️

Ivan, I am so very happy for you. What great news! Wishing you a speedy recovery. Peace!

Wow I feel like the star pupil.

I'm being discharged and going home by noon! And feel ready for it! :smileybounce:

Wow I feel like the star pupil.

I'm being discharged and going home by noon! And feel ready for it! :smileybounce:

What an overachiever you are as a patient!!!!! Woot, woot, woot, and AMEN!!!!!! You look great in the photo you posted - all smiles! Glad you are getting to go home!

Looking forward to progress reports and uke-playing from your very own comfy home!

Thanks and I will update this post specially once I get the final pathology report on 8/4

And yes I'm already home and it itching to do a new happy video soon.
In the meantime I invite you to visit my YouTube channel for my past videos

Thei link is in my sig.

Aloha

For me it's my first real day as a cancer survivor. I will get a final report in a few weeks of the severity of the cancer but so far it looks like this nasty dragon left no babies behind it was all contained!!!!!

Blessings to you and yours. When I was diagnosed, it was one tumor that had not spread. It was removed in one shot, no chemo, no radiation. Still, afterward, there were chemical changes in my body. I also had to retrain myself-- the bowels shut down during the surgical procedure and the body has to retrain itself after that has happened.

Brother Ivan,

I am so very happy you made it through. I was very concerned for you.

May your recovery be as painless as possible, and may your strength come back quickly and at the very least be as strong as your passion for life and music.

You have given hope to us all. Thank you for sharing this deeply personal experience. :)

With great appreciation,

Booli

Yep, I'm already home in less than 24 hours and will be returning to music by tomorrow or Friday at the latest!

I guess my tenacity and passion wood this battle hehehe! The war is not over but it will be soon once I get my final pathology report of 0 cancer and full functionality. Which at this point I hope\believe will happen shortly.

I'm overwhelmed by the support and strength from all of here and on fb.

I feel like,part of a world wide family.

Mahalo!!!

My friends I'm progressing by leaps and bounds. Last night I needed help getting into bed, today I got up all on my own, and have managed everything without too much discomfort.

I was able to sleep all night.

Even more amazing, my boy skip has been watching and being with me but he is keeping a bit of distance and is literally watching over me. I'm in awe of his sensitivity and it's one less worry as I did not want him jumping on the wounds or the Catherer tube etc.

Skip is AMAZING!

Having lost my best friend to this horrible disease, I am happy whenever I hear good news about it. Best wishes on a continued speedy recovery.

Top Bottom