Yes!!!! I slayed the. $&@# that cancer Dragon!!!

For Ivan. If you can face down cancer, the least I can do is face down a camera! My very first recording for you, with much love.

Wow, Steve, not only am I grateful that you did this recording for me, but I'm in awe of your proficiency and musicality. Is this John Kng's Arrangement? It is very well done. I hope you continue to record and share your music.

Thank you so much!!!

Ivan

For Ivan. If you can face down cancer, the least I can do is face down a camera! My very first recording for you, with much love.

The transcription is mine. I thought John King's was lovely, but didn't use the full range of the ukulele. I returned it to the original key and arranged it for low G.

Last edited:
Hey congratulations! Good luck on your speedy recovery!

The transcription is mine. I thought John King's was lovely, but didn't use the full range of the ukulele. I returned it to the original key and arranged it for low G.

Steve, that was awesome. Give us more!!

Tabs would be nice too :p

German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche said "That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger". Ivan, You are sounding stronger with each post!

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your story. We all need to hear an inspiring story now and then, and I for one am feeling very inspired today! Ukuleles brought me to UU but the great people and their stories keep coming back. Best wishes for your continued recovery!

Thank you all for,your continued support.

The initial success of the first 2-3 days have unfortunately settled into a dull, slow constant pain/discomfort as I settle down to healing from the trauma of this major surgery.

It's ok though, it's just a matter of time now before I wake up pain free that day is coming soon. In the meantime, I appreciate the hour or two where I find myself napping without pain...

In the meantime, yes the UKe community, and music continue to give me strength and keeps me smiling.

Mahalo!
Ivan

Top Bottom